Ke10/11 Making It Handle!!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pozman on his ke-55 has used corona xt 130 struts modified to fit coilovers with hilux ln 106 4 spot calipers same pad part no as rx 7 with pug 504 vented disks(db272)

Felix is that swaybar a universal kit or for a specific make, as I'm getting one on the weekend from pedders.

Thanks stu.

Stu the swaybar kit is specifically designed for the ke1x series. The Whiteline part number is BTF7.

The only thing with doing strut conversions is that you end up with way more positive camber than stock. The kingpin inclination is all wrong on later struts.

Doug

is there a vented disk that can be put on these hubs. I'm assuming ke20 disk hubs are the same as ke10 disk hubs.

not to sure about vented disks but if your after high performance pads like ebc green stuff or red stuff. I.m pretty sure but can't remember if its ke20 front pads or ke30 front pads have the same part number as the rear pads on a VN commodore, so if you want better stopping power, try em out

not to sure about vented disks but if your after high performance pads like ebc green stuff or red stuff. I.m pretty sure but can't remember if its ke20 front pads or ke30 front pads have the same part number as the rear pads on a VN commodore, so if you want better stopping power, try em out

I believe thats KE70 that has the same part number for the front pads as does a commodore....

o i c. So is a strut swap the only way to get vented disks on my ke10? what have other people used in the past?

I may have missed something, but why do you need vented discs??

I believe thats KE70 that has the same part number for the front pads as does a commodore....

yep, I had commodore rear pads in my ke70 calipers on my ke11.

Pozman on his ke-55 has used corona xt 130 struts modified to fit coilovers with hilux ln 106 4 spot calipers same pad part no as rx 7 with pug 504 vented disks(db272)

Felix is that swaybar a universal kit or for a specific make, as I'm getting one on the weekend from pedders.

Thanks stu.

Stu, let us know how you go with that pedders kit.

Scott.

Hey Scott,

I whent to peders on friday to check on sway bars and they don`t use whiteline "doh" but they do use

"signature stabiliser bars" they have front and rear kits for the ke-1x`s.

22mm front kit.

16mm rear kit.

They are $210 retail each and the guy at peders said about $65 to fit each.

I'm getting the front one fitted next week, was going to bite bullet and order both but on the advice of Doug i thought id just get the front for time being and see how it goes.

Let you all know how it goes oh ill post up part numbers when i get them.

Thanks for the help Doug.

stu.

Edited by kickn5k

You're welcome.

That sounds alright. You should be a lot happier with the way it handles. :jamie:

Yea I'm not a big believer in the rear swaybars, unless of course you already have an LSD fitted.

Doug

Hey guys, ive got a 68 ke10 and i want to put disc brakes on the front. Do i just get a set of ke20

struts and theyll bolt straight into the ke10 to replace the drums? what master cylinder do i use cheers

Just get KE20 hubs and swap them over and use KE55 disks and calipers and backing plates, i used a Galant M/Cyl from and RA model i think.