Ke10/11 Making It Handle!!

Haha, still running standard crossmember and all standard steering. My coil over setup is

a bit mix and match. I got a hold of a sleeve of unknown origin with the adjustable nut/ spring base

And used some steam pipe for the strut tube. Milled the original strut tube from the stub axle section

And welded in the steam pipe, and then the adjustable sleeve. Used a king spring ( can't remember

rate) and a tender spring, and the adjustable top is a home made piece from a mate of a mate

sort of a deal so I don't know the details on that section. For the life of me I cannot remember what

Insert I used but ae86 or Mazda rx3 sounds familiar.

I might have to pull these out soon cos I forgot to fit bumpstops so I can check what insert it is.

I can't seem to figure out how to get photos from i phone/ pad onto here or I would.

Hope this helps

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there Darren we used the otomoto coilover kit on Thomas ke11 and camber tops and they all work great,if you have a read of Thomas thread (TOMMYS Ke11) there is a lot more detail and also modified his cross member which has all just been fully engineered and it made a big difference to the handling of the little rolla and have just fitted up a rear sway bar as well.

Cheers:-Stuart (Thomas dad).

Yep, its the inserts that i really need help with, i only want standarish(or a inch lower) ride height. The Aw11, would probally

need the strut cut and I'm not sure how that will affect the low side of things and if theres enough adjustment to get them where i want it.

maybe i am best of using some ke20 replacement inserts( which the only brand i can find atm is Monroe Gt gas, id like something better)

cheers

darren

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in on that group buy for the swaybar if you wanna put eoi up. havent spent any time or money on my poor little 11 but will be hammering this thread down the track. rears done, apart from height. now i just need to sort the front and needs it all. whats the easiest option for pitman arms and idler arms and is the collapsible steering column worthwhile?

I had a chat to Todd at Selby's during the week, and then sent him along an email attaching the photos from Tommy's thread, along with an old one of Felix's to demonstrate the issue.

He got back to me on Friday asking for the measurement eye to eye of an adjusted bar as per Tommy's, so he can check it to his drawings. Just waiting on a response from Stuart. Hopefully the measurement is obtainable without too much drama.

I'm in on that group buy for the swaybar if you wanna put eoi up. havent spent any time or money on my poor little 11 but will be hammering this thread down the track. rears done, apart from height. now i just need to sort the front and needs it all. whats the easiest option for pitman arms and idler arms and is the collapsible steering column worthwhile?

I'll put you down for a group PM and do an eoi thread when I have a few more definite prices verses numbers made.

Also I may have to make different top mount plates for the slight differences in the floor area under the rear seat. My 11 has ribs under the seat, but I had a look under a ke15 a couple of weeks ago and it's flat so I can get a bigger plate in them to transfer the load of the link pin brakets a bit better.

A collapsible column is needed in Vic for an engine upgrade. Which is why tommy and i have one, but its a good safety upgrade. The old solid columns aren't called sternum busters for nothing.

Edited by kickn5k

Hi there parrot sorry i havent been on for a while ,was just talking to Stu (kickn5k) and told me you were after a measurement of our front sway bar. I will get it for you tomorrow and post it up here or if you want to ring me? feel free to do so on my mobile 0428 574248.

Cheers:- Stuart (Thomas dad).

• 2 weeks later...

Stuart kindly measured his adjusted bar and I have provided this detail to Todd at Selby's. The centre to centre measurment at the eyes is 895mm.

Todd can make the bar to that measurement, which will hopefully prevent further issues with disc braked cars.

Cost for the bar & kit is $253 + freight.

I am going to get one made up for my car.

Perhaps if anyone else is interested now or later, you may wish to talk to Todd specifying the adjusted bar.

Todd Selby

Signature Swaybars

10 / 34 Quinns Lane South Nowra NSW 2541

Ph- 02 4421 2722

• 2 weeks later...

lol so if we put ke20 brakes on our corollas we can out run police? ke55 brakes also bolt onto the ke10 hubs which would give some kind of upgrade.

Now I didn't say I out ran them...I out drove them....they were tryin every trick in the book to block me in, pit me, I kept findin holes in their setups...I guess part of the deal is not in "making the car handle" but learning to handle the car you have.

I think everyone should take whatever they drive, out to a big empty parking lot a few times, when it's dry, when it's wet, and icy if you ever get ice...then see what happens when you slam on the brakes, or have to turn fast or whatever, take it to the point of losing grip in a turn, so you learn how to correct it (gawd I hate when they put in the paper that someone"over-corrected" when they went off the road, if they did anything correct, they would not have crashed)..this Corolla for instance, in the iciest ice covered lot, no matter how fast I got up to, would not do a 360( if i don't help it)...it spins 180 and goes backward (just throwing the wheel and hitting the brakes) .just spend a little time learning how it reacts before you have to react to some idiot on the road.

Gee, sorry to run on like that but the car has just been fun as hell for the past 25 years. And I'm reading up on all this stuff again cuz right now it's ridin like a rock and time for things to change. Trying to figure out how to get new bushings in the original steering box, they look like brass and nobody has anything like it, I can get bigger ones and maybe have them turned and bored, and I think the last lil ol lady who hit it has tweaked the frame a bit where the top of the strut is...not really visible but the tire is wearing like the camber is off on that side and it pulls on every bump and dip in the road.

Edited by CorollaNut68

• 1 month later...