4a-c Engine Upgrades

Emerson

Why get a weber, just get some slightly larger jets for the standard carby.

The old trick for a 4A-c is to put ball bearings in all rubber emissions pipes.

Take off the emission return from the exhaust, plug the tube with exhaust putty and put the pipe back on.

You could ditch the old airbox and replace it with a Ram flo filter, after all its just an air filter.

Oh and the last one is remove the head and have it shaved to bump up compression, you the excuse that you blew a head gasket and head to get the head rebuilt. :wub::D:D:D

I'm liking the way you think. :jamie:

Edited by KE70-from-mt-panorama

Members dont see this ad

I had a 4a-c and it was fairly lame. id say just save up for when u can afford to buy/run a decent car which is actually fun to drive and worth the effort. Only good point bout a ae71 is there isn't too bigger loss when you crash it. Why do all the eastern states have all these p plate rules? Here in SA a learner can drive a GTR no worries. why ban extractors on a 1.6 litre. haha. stupid

• 1 year later...
You cannot drive with Webers while on your P's. it counts as Modifications hence falls under the Prohibited vehicles. unless you want to lose 7 points and a $375 fine i would not recommend it. Extractors are ok.

Jake

Here in QLD we p-platers can make any modifications that don't require blue plating. I'm pretty sure its the same in NSW, but don't hold me to it.

Here in QLD we p-platers can make any modifications that don't require blue plating. I'm pretty sure its the same in NSW, but don't hold me to it.

Actually, after doing some research, i don't think NSW allows any mods.

Edited by Gecko71