What's Wrong With The Tradingpost??

now that i'm looking for a car (a corolla to be specific lol) i've been browsing to the tradingpost.com.au website quite often in the last 2-3 weeks. and i also bought a copy of the paper today. but guess what? i called to 5 people there today that was advertising their car, and they're all SOLD!

is it because the corollas are so good that everyone got no trouble at all at selling? (at a reasonable price of course hehe) or is it just my bad luck? :yes:

and also i don't see any corollas made before 1980 going to sale anywhere. how come? oh and i live in melbourne so i always set the state to VIC..

any opinion guys?

deri

(off-topic: why does my group on the left says i'm a "member" while everyone else is "verified member"?? someone?)

Edited by deri2k3

Members dont see this ad
(off-topic: why does my group on the left says i'm a "member" while everyone else is "verified member"?? someone?)

When you get to 50 (or something...I can't remember) posts you get so called "verified member" status which lets you do a few extra things. Post images stuff like that.

I was toying with the idea of buying this beast in the link. Its on ebay and no bids as yet. $300 for a 2 door ke30 and 5 speed gearbox.....thats so tempting. I think its out near Castlemaine though.

23hrs to go, so you better act quick.

CLICK

Edited by kangaroosa

I was toying with the idea of buying this beast in the link. Its on ebay and no bids as yet. $300 for a 2 door ke30 and 5 speed gearbox.....thats so tempting. I think its out near Castlemaine though.

CLICK

hey thats just only half an hour from me!! Shame the missus would shoot me if I got another one. If it was a 20 though :yes:

hey thats just only half an hour from me!! Shame the missus would shoot me if I got another one. If it was a 20 though :yes:

I could buy it........and you could store it for me. Deal? :)

I learnt something today, so I thought I would share.

Just had a read of the tradingpost website. I assumed all ads were placed in print and online. It seems all ads are placed on the website, but its an extra option to have it in print too.

So one would assume the website search is the best method to get the jump on potential bargains?

Online ads are viewable within 24hrs of the seller lodging the advert.

Edited by kangaroosa

When you get to 50 (or something...I can't remember) posts you get so called "verified member" status which lets you do a few extra things. Post images stuff like that.

oh ok! thanks!

*edit: hey, why does my post count doesn't change and still at 40 from yesterday when i posted this thread? lol sorry i just want to be a "verified member as soon as possible.."* :yes:

Edited by deri2k3

CLICK

yeah it is tempting but i'm after something more complete&running.. lol.. like maybe this: clicky

just saw it now! looks hot hot! :)

oh and i'm gonna see a ae82 seca twincam tomorrow.. so yeah, i might have a rolla again soon! the panelvan OR the ae82.. or maybe.. BOTH!! :yes:

"I could buy it........and you could store it for me. Deal? "

Uh, would love to but...........Have the entire schools outdoor ed. gear stored in my shed atm. so my rolla is outside in the rain (YES IT HAS RAINED!!!!!!!!! :yes: )

Tell you what Kanga - you buy it and I'll drop my running gear into it and use it :)

Edited by coln72

• 2 weeks later...

Ebay ftw in my opinion.... just brought a ae92 from hervey bay for $1400 and a Ae82 (rolling shell with all interior) for $165 from strathpine..... ae92 went to the mother inlaw and me and hubby have finally decided to do another rolla... (4agze powah!)

The main issue isn't with Trading Post, but with the sellers. When their vehicle sells, the majority of people don't let Trading Post know. Therefore the ad continues to be run for the eight weeks or whatever that the seller paid for. And it's bullshit the way the Trading Post are now setup, where you have to pay extra for the printed version. Last time I placed an ad (about three years ago now), I got the online ad for free and twelve weeks (I think it was that) in the printed version. Plus it only cost about $20.