Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*Slaps 7shades*

Just need to get the rotors machined, Get new wheel bearings, Lancer master cylinder and put it all together and i will be happy with the braking side of things. Going to replace the rear bearings too. Then its on to the suspension.

I'm thinking of just going with KYB excel G dampers to suit Ke30 struts and using the spacer as shown in this thread. Ke20/30/55 inserts to ke10 struts. And Custom king springs, Because i want the car to be really low i will probably need a much higher spring rate spring than the stock springs to stop it bottoming out.

For the rear i was thinking of Flipping the top spring and inverting the mounting eyes and adding 1 more leaf to get some more stiffness out of it. Again with KYB excel G dampers.

Will be replacing all bushes and ball joints as well.

Suggestions on suspension from people who have had some experience are welcomed ?

You are going about it the wrong way if you want it to handle. Read the ke1x handling thread.

12"ers just don't handle. Good for the old skool pose look if dumped though. :P

I definitely wont be staying with 12's, I have 13's with good tires but they arnt the look i want.

I'm not to fussed on handling as it wont be driven every day but i don't want sills scraping on the ground either.

I want 13's with white walls and hubcaps or a decent set of non stock rims.

I got some 175/70 R12 80H for my Rolla.

I want it looking stock and dumped and honestly couldnt be f@$ked lookin for hubcaps to look good with it when mazda hubcaps are so expensive.

They look like they'll go alrite, I'll let ya know mate.

Also goin ke20 brakes at the front and doing the strut insert.

I dunno about the rear tho, I'm most likely takin mine to a suspension joint and telling them as low as possible without comprimising anything

haha

:P

Well since i started my new job i don't have much time to work on the 10 or even get online much, 14 hour days bite bigtime but the pay is worth it.

Since we have had rain my car cover leaked and the interior of the 10 is wet so i bought a water proof one and it got humid inside and now every thing is mouldy :wink:

Spent about an hour outside today.

I need longer studs.

post-1746-1181887874_thumb.jpg

13" alloy jelly beans

post-1746-1181887894_thumb.jpg

Will be running these for a while.

post-1746-1181887912_thumb.jpg

Grille.

post-1746-1181887945_thumb.jpg

18 rims and tires, 14 of them fit my Corona ;)

post-1746-1181887972_thumb.jpg

Yup

post-1746-1181888052_thumb.jpg

Inverted jellybeans = dish and loads of negative offset but not safe.

post-1746-1181888101_thumb.jpg

I'm sure this isn't legal

post-1746-1181888138_thumb.jpg

I hate to be Mr. pedantic des, but your sig says ke10 2 door sedan.... wouldn't that be a coupe? :)

Oh yeah, my first car EVER was a KE55 with jellybeans just like that... 13x6 with 205/60 Fuldas. Aaah the memories.

lol.

I called it a Coupe and some one told me it was a 2 door sedan, Well 2 people now but i don't care.

Went and checked the master cylinder from a 1977 LB lancer 2 door and it has the same bolt in pattern as the ke10 item so that looks like a go ahead.

Des :D