September 29, 201115 yr comment_556869 There was over 1800 other vehicles at the event too, buty check out the dish on this De Tomaso Pantera. Report
September 30, 201115 yr comment_556874 i saw one of those panteras at the look out on mt nebo a few months back. the rear wheels are HUGE. and the sound it made when it took off....mmmmmmm suddenly my s15 was a mere toy in its wake. ---- hows this for an OEM turbo setup from 1962. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvair Report
September 30, 201115 yr comment_556877 Nice spare tyre placement there. Looks like the rear suspension was a bit of an after thought too. GM engineers: not thinking about important shit since 1959. Report
September 30, 201115 yr comment_556878 any suggestions on what that pulley does directly underneith the turbo? goes into that tank lookin thing with the dipstick. one crazy belt setup. formentinoed tank lookin thing also appears to have a spark plug lead going into it. Report
September 30, 201115 yr comment_556879 Wasn't the spare tyre placed there for weight distribution issues? Pretty sure I read that somewhere. Mate of mine used to have a Corvair, but not the turbo version. The spare wheel thing was about balancing weight I'm pretty sure. Report
September 30, 201115 yr comment_556881 any suggestions on what that pulley does directly underneith the turbo? goes into that tank lookin thing with the dipstick. one crazy belt setup. formentinoed tank lookin thing also appears to have a spark plug lead going into it. Its for the fan to help keep the cylinders cool. Think of the upright fan thats used in the old beetle. GM just laid the fan down over the cylinders to keep the profile low. I'd more think the spare was placed there cause it was about the only available space. Subaru did the same trick with their old Leon. Report
September 30, 201115 yr comment_556884 Might as well have just left the thing out all together. By the time you need it it'll be all crusty and cracked from the constant heat cycling and probably in no better condition than the tyre its expected to replace. Report
September 30, 201115 yr comment_556900 Sexy Always thought of converting the front end of mine after watching Jonny Rochester's build his te37 (aka ke35) Report
September 30, 201115 yr comment_556901 I've had the misfortune of driving and working on a Corvair. Never again shall I attempt either Report
September 30, 201115 yr comment_556954 Sexy Always thought of converting the front end of mine after watching Jonny Rochester's build his te37 (aka ke35) I have most of the bits to do the TE37 front end swap. Report
September 30, 201115 yr comment_556957 Bastard. I had a ke50 lined up for its front end but i wasn't able to use a mates trailer. Report
September 30, 201115 yr comment_556959 Bastard. I had a ke50 lined up for its front end but i wasn't able to use a mates trailer. Its a pity, I was looking at doing the same. But the body lines are completely different. Would have to use the rear halves of KE3x/55 guards and the front of the KE50/55p and then gel them together to look decent. I do have some pics and possibly leads on KE6x fronts ;) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now