1uzfe Into Ke70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from your name it sounds like you want to drift.

you might not want such a nose heavy car.

would be an awesome drag car though.

the 1uzfe isnt that much heavier than a 4age and if i stayed ge i would go turbo so increasing weight there... but i wont be running any accessories on the 1uzfe so that will drop about 20 kg and planing to mount it as fair back without having to massive mod firewall...

i believe its about 70kg heavier than a 4age. hey i'm not arguing; it will be a great conversion!

well this may be so but I'm hoping to cut as much weight as possible from the front to keep the weight balance kinda good... i don't want it to be a drag car i want it to be a drift car but want an engine like this so i can do the conversion and not have to make any more power to slide 4th(I'm already going very fast just can't seem to turn the tyres in the dry... so doing this instead of throwing 4 grand at a turbo GE setup...

I say go for it, Might be a bit of under steering bitch at 1st but you will hopefully work it out. Ive seen a 1UZ in a s13 and it drifts well and sounds awesome, Stock as a rock, Well it was.

from your name it sounds like you want to drift.

you might not want such a nose heavy car.

would be an awesome drag car though.

funny how josh young is in the midddle of sticking a 1u in his hachi. he seems to think they are hardly that much heavier than the 4agte he had in there before hand.

i have piks ill post them up tomorrow. he moved everything back about 8 inches to get the motor back a little, he cut out most of the tunnel and fire wall and remade it. he also had to make custom extractors, and even had to mod the steering rack to fit with the new x member.

its got a tilton pedal box set up, and bigger brakes to go with it. cars going to be awesome.

Edited by andro0o

I'm going to weigh into this debate. It would be a car with blistering straight line performance. If you are going to do it, cut the shit out of the firewall, to keep the balance of the car. There is really no way around the massive handling issues you will create, aside from repositioning the weight, or doing the unthinkable and ballasting the rear till it balances. What is the purpose of this car, purely drift? Drag? Obviously it wont be street legal. 1Uzs arent that heavy, are inexpensive for how much motor you get, and produce impressive power and torque. I say do it. But please do it in a fashion that will leave the car balancd and able to be appreciated. Have you seen where the starter motor sits on a 1UZ. Toyota claims 6hrs service time to change it. What gearbox will you use. If you are dragging you could keep the factory auto for a while.

well yeah its purely to drift but it will be a registered road car just keeping the conversion out of the mouths of authorities lol :lolcry: i was intending to use the r154 gearbox... and then switchin the 70 diff for a F series and getting either air locker or 2 way for it... i understand that it will probably put out the weight balance and i want to correst that but 8 inches is alot... a shit load actually... undecided on what i will do to drop weight but diff will balance it out considerably... even if i finish it and realise it isnt well balanced ill be happy that the conversion is done and that i can sell it for considerable amount... but just lookin for exactly what everyone is giving good advice and questions i may not of thought of... and yeah picks of josh youngs car would be cool... cheers everyone

1uzfe *e7* attempting to turn under brakes.

post-1955-1183462522_thumb.jpg

It will understeer, it will turn like a HT panelvan, and it won't be very good for drifting unless you mount the engine where the gearshift usually is and steer from the back seat.

Ever driven a Holden SS V8 ute down a mountain range? Give it a go. You may change your mind about the project.

Hey dude, I've always had a thing for the 1UZ, great engine, I reakon its gonna be nose heavy though. The R154 is a massive job to fit in the KE, they're too tall across the whole length. Are you gonna put a transmission tunnel from another car in to make it easy? If you go to all that effort, It'd be worth trying to tuck it in as far as possible.

I gotta say though, if your planning to run this on the street rego'd, are you sure you don't want to do a more sensible conversion? This thing is gonna attract a lot of attention.

Edited by beerhead