4age Carb'd

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carby 4age's are the gayness, have fun retuning ur car every cold morning, my mate built one and converted it back to efi in 3 days, its abit of a mission to build the thing anyways, you need to plug up the injector holes and a whole mess of other shit, its not worth it and you'll get over it VERY quickly.

though i must admit, they sound AWESOME!!!!!

Concur. My sister had carbs on her 35 and it was a good thing. Carbs are not something you put on and expect to work. A dyno trip is a must, and after that you shouldn't ever have to touch them again.

Don't root around with bike carbs. Other people have tried, and if they were a good thing, everybody would be using them. Get a good pair of carbs (Webers or Dellortos, try and stay away from Solexs), a manifold, bolt them on and off you go to the dyno man.

Edited by Redwarf

cheers for all the input... sounds like everyone has their own opinions... seems most are more into the twin webers/delortos tho... I'm all good with that as long as they are good for the hp i wanna try and run... like say 150 hp atw... I'm gonna build the motor high comp everything aiming for maybe 11-11.5:1 and race head like O/S valves race valve springs good port and polish big cams probably 288...

150 Hp ATW in an NA will be an ugly thing to drive. 11.5 to 1 and your looking at the top end of what pump fuel can do for you. 40mm Webers maybe a bit small, I'd suggest 45's, as they'll do it easy for you.

Is this going to be an everyday car?

my mate runs a carbed 4ag bigport in a 1.6l hydroplane racing boat with 45mm webers. as redwarf says, 40's will be too small. 45's are the go, but by the time you find a good matching pair, and a manifold to go, you may aswell have gone and bought silvertop quads aqnd a 2nd hand ecu.

the webers will support that sort of power not a worry. i can get the specs of his webbers for a baseline for you if your interested. btw he has zero cold start problems, runs clean all the time and rarely needs adjusting. its all in the initial tune, and the quality of webers yoiu've bought.

well there is a kit with manifold carbs and all linkages and shit ready to bolt on basically on ebay for 1300 but they are only twin 40's... so yeah will be looking out for manifold etc or make one up... but yeah as stated before don't wanna go carbs because its the best option just cause it will be a challenge... and the induction sound is second to none not even ITB's sound like em... but yeah keen on specs... i know carbs can be a bitch at time but have a couple of motorbike mechanic mates and know one of the best weber tuners in brisbane...