Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Restored Ke10

Featured Replies

Last time I was there he had a 67 KE10 (or 69? maybe?) but he had grand plans for that I think. Alright nick, needs work. I think he'll be asking a bit for that he was commenting on the rarity of it.

 

He had another yellowy ke10 that was in pretty good all around condition, could scrub up pretty nice. He wanted 2k for that, roadworthied etc.

 

The publica is good - Nice straight car in mustard yellow. Give it a cut and polish and it'll come up shit hot. 2 grand also I think. I nearly considered buying that off him instead of my ke16.

 

don't quote me on those prices.

 

Theres also a couple of 20's getting around, and probably some 30's.

 

His number is (03) 9544 1162. I know it off the top of my head haha!

  • Replies 39
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks man! i might come and visit his workshop and see the restored ke10 in this thread as well. :y:

Hey guys...

 

 

this is my girlfriends car :y: peter was telling me the other day when we picked kermit up that some one was putting pics on a forum, thought this was my best shot..

peter did the work on my red ke10 that was advertised on here awhile ago..

 

great bloke!!

 

 

the green machine (kermit as its named) is currently in the backyard having its heater fixed :)

 

 

getting really excited about putting it on the road now...

 

 

will post a few more pics if youd like?

 

 

steve.

Sure, I call for more pics!!

 

And Kanga, you should start a thread named, "Guess What Kanga Saw Today." You seem to see interesting cars on your travels.

hey, brooke here, just on steve's account...

 

 

can't wait to drive my little beast...

 

here are the pics of kermit as it is right now.

 

also dad wanted me to tell you hes not a dentist but a dental technician

 

also if anyone is interested i have pics from every stage of restoration

 

right.jpg

 

wheel.jpg

 

inside-1.jpg

 

left.jpg

  • Author

I can blame Peter for the Dodgy details. :wink:

 

Brooke, Steve and (the dad), the car has come up a real treat....especially in sunlight. I was at Peters workshop saturday morning, and apparentley i missed you guys by 30mins. Peter was saying you were pretty stoked with the outcome of the whole project, and he was certainly pretty happy with all the mechanical work.

 

I'm sure I speak for all when I say that progress pics would be awesome.

 

P.S. Hope you don't mind me posting pics of your car on a forum. There are no plates on the car, so I figured it wouldnt be a huge issue.

Also if anyone is interested i have pics from every stage of restoration.

I'd be keen to see those shots. Puts up hand.

 

May I suggest a thread in the Rides and Projects Forum?? :wink:

Kermit looks tops. Well done to all.

car looks cool, well done on this project.

Hi there Brooke and Steve,

 

I dropped in to petes early saturday morning just to take a look at this thing before you guys took it home. I think you might have arrived as I left in my red KE16 wagon?

 

Car looks unreal, an absolute Top job with the paintwork and the interior. Fantastic little car, absolutely top job. Looking forward to seeing it out on the road!

 

tp.

  • 4 weeks later...

hey guys. sorry i havent posted yet, been busy...

 

heres a bit of info and some pics, if theres a stage your intersted in i'd be happy to show you more pics...

 

 

it all started out with a red kermit...

 

toyota001.jpg

 

then that was photoshopped to choose a colour and work bgan with the strip down and rub back

 

IMG_1523-1.jpg

 

IMG_1525.jpg

 

next came the undercoat

 

IMG_1884.jpg

 

IMG_1882.jpg

 

then some colour

 

greenboot.jpg

 

green.jpg

 

then the interior was put in

 

seatdoor.jpg

 

followed by front seats and dash

 

inside.jpg

 

next all the lights were put in and bumpers..

 

side.jpg

 

and lastly the wheels

 

left.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

:D happy viewing. any questions feel free to ask, brooke.

Hey guys,

 

Big props on this project - finished car looks awesome!

 

You have got to be proud driving around in that.

 

damn fine work...... :party:

yeh..havent had a chance to drive it yet, its at peters again, been there all week getting a couple bits fixed for road worthy then we should be sweet :party:

Hi,

I'm also restoring a KE15 at the moment I was curious as to what you needed done before road worthy what did they look for etc?

Also did he look for anything KE1X specific also what about engine numbers did he look? As I have put a 5K in mine.

 

But nice choice on interior and the black and green speckled rims TOP JOB.

 

Cheers

Cameron

hi cameron,

 

unfortunatly this has been a problem... still trying to sort through it..

 

all modifications have to be approved by vicroads....an engineering certificate may be needed

 

items such as engine, gearbox, brakes, replacement seats, etc. are expected to be original or acceptable replacements...

 

it seems like different rules apply if the car is already registered, this has been my biggest problem.

 

will let you know how i go.....

 

brooke.

Edited by steveox

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.