Lowering And Strut

Seca ae82

hey guys i have a 1989 model toyota corolla seca AE82 liftback . i was givin the option of using my money to put rims or lower it with king springs on super lows dropping it 50 mm and putting a strut bar . so it will make the ride more more responsive and tight in turning. i have bought my suspesion and instailed it . however i don't know whether i should buy a after market strut bar or weather to get one from a rolla that would fit my one. does any one know if any models of the rolla came with the strut bar or would i have to buy a aftermarket one?

thank you niran

Members dont see this ad

you mean strut brace...?

just grab one from a wrecked ae82 4ag model I'm fairly sure they came with factory ones... eapest and easyest option

also kings superlows wont improve handeling 'that much' they will because they are newer slightly stiffer and lower the centre of gravity... probaly grate for a daily but not suited to hard driving. imo they are too soft.

you mean strut brace...?

just grab one from a wrecked ae82 4ag model I'm fairly sure they came with factory ones... eapest and easyest option

also kings superlows wont improve handeling 'that much' they will because they are newer slightly stiffer and lower the centre of gravity... probaly grate for a daily but not suited to hard driving. imo they are too soft.

yeah just grab a stock strut brace of a twinky.

I'd go for the rims and tires over the springs. Unless your springs and/or shockies are shagged.

All i've done for mine is 15" rims and 195/50 tires.

And had a wheel alignment set to what i wanted and not the factory settings.

Almost handles like its a rear wheel drive now

Which is almost how i want it.

Have a surf of the net and google for things like "front wheel drive handling", "front wheel drive suspension", "make a front wheel drive handle", etc

hey yeah i got the suspension and strut as youd know the toyota seca is a preety high car which has alot of body role also i like takin it fast around corners however as its dangerous coz the body role is very high also because rubber is alot on rims and if i go through the rubber doing somthing then its money agian. but yeah thkz guys:D

hey yeah i got the suspension and strut as youd know the toyota seca is a preety high car which has alot of body role also i like takin it fast around corners however as its dangerous coz the body role is very high also because rubber is alot on rims and if i go through the rubber doing somthing then its money agian. but yeah thkz guys:D

Can't wait for the english language version. :n:

Edited by Redwarf

I've got no problems with mine and its standard height.

Maybe your suspension is shagged

or you've got a fake 4wd version like fords longreach ute.....???

I've got no problems with mine and its standard height.

Maybe your suspension is shagged

or you've got a fake 4wd version like fords longreach ute.....???

yeah think the suspension is gone in my one aye coz when people are all in it. it scrapes all the bumps lol. oh well yeah hope fully new new suspesnion and all should make it better. thkz any way guys

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, get decent rubber and if your suspension is dead, replace it. avoid getting a cheap tyre/rim package as most of them are heavy, chinese rubbish rims on poor rubber; may give you less body roll but heavier unsprung mass and poor grip in wet.

says me who has saab steelies...

Edited by JC807