2t Into Early Ke20

PHATKE20S

Hey Guys, i have recently acquired a 2T and am wanting to fit it into my KE20.

I only have the engine. No g/box OR flywheel.

If anyone can throw me some ideas/previous experiences about this conversion they would be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm trying to keep to a minimal budget so the missus can't stop it happening :) .

So any bolt in info will make life easier and more fun at the next cruise. hahaha :y:

Edited by PHATKE20S

Members dont see this ad

if you run a 3T bottom end you'l really want aftermarket pistons as the 2TG cylinder head is of a larger volume (I'm lead to believe.) that said even if they're the same the 3T stock compression isn't really pushing the limits of what is possible.

Wiseco make some quality high comp pistons for the 3T at good prices.

Cheers

Jordan

When i beat them in my stock looking 30 they get the shits real bad! lol! just a thought dougy, maybe and if a ta22 celica comes into your work it would more than likely be cheaper to get the whole car? then you could remove all the running gear, cross members, clutch setup, pedal box, radiator...etc..........etc? You'd save a shitload of money rather than if you had to buy all the bits and pieces individually! just a thought,

cheers phatke30!

When i beat them in my stock looking 30 they get the shits real bad! lol! just a thought dougy, maybe and if a ta22 celica comes into your work it would more than likely be cheaper to get the whole car? then you could remove all the running gear, cross members, clutch setup, pedal box, radiator...etc..........etc? You'd save a shitload of money rather than if you had to buy all the bits and pieces individually! just a thought,

cheers phatke30!

Yeah mate, i am a patient man. The good cars are only remnants by the time they turn up at work. Ah well, i'll just sell the engine. I don't have any space for it in my sheds. They are full of rolla's remember, oh, and AE82 engines.

Hey guys

As my 3K in my KE25 went bust I now need a new engine. I have found a 2T and was wondering if it is an easy conversion. Also I am on the look for a 2TG, I'm guessing that would be a similar conversion.

I have looked at Jonnys Old Corolla site http://www.geocities.com/jonnyr_1973/

And also The KE55/2TG Conversion Pages http://ke55.1colony.com/index.html

They provided some useful information but still not sure how I would do the conversion in my KE25. Will I still need to use TA22 engine mounts etc etc.

If anyone could shed some light that would be great!

Cheers

Tally

Edited by SLY T