13b Into Ke20

benzo

Hey, a second option instead of putting money into a 4K to get 120 at most kW at the wheels, I am considering a non turbo 13B with RX7 gearbox and custom tailshaft.

What is required in terms of parts to get this done and how much would I be looking at price wise.

This seems a smarter and more long term option as a non turbo 13B can quite easily make 130rwKW with very minimal mods, qand close to 200rwkW with further mods such as periphal port full internal work.

Any help appreciated, Ben.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are a few 13B powered E20's in SA. Just don't get caught by the cops and you're fine since we don't have yearly roadworthy's.

Member KE20ME had one that's now been parted out. Wasa very tidy job with no cuttig of the trans tunnel. If you go ahead with it though, upgrading the suspension and brakes is a big must.

Cheers

Jordan

there are a few 13B powered E20's in SA. Just don't get caught by the cops and you're fine since we don't have yearly roadworthy's.

Member KE20ME had one that's now been parted out. Wasa very tidy job with no cuttig of the trans tunnel. If you go ahead with it though, upgrading the suspension and brakes is a big must.

Cheers

Jordan

trans was modded slightly jordy.. :wink:

obviously voids all insurance including CTP though.

yeah thats what I'm thinking.

I have considered rebuilding a new 4K with full internals, N/A with about 130hp, a supercharged 4K whcih seems like too much money for the power it would get, a 4A-GE but I want to keep it old school, and the 12A or 13B.

I like the rotary idea most as for cost/power it would be most effective, but I don't want something completely illegal.

Would a 12A be any better??

Edited by benzo

Also I have been talking to Henry (KE20ME) about what mods he did to his.

I have always wanted a rotary (12A, 13B) in a KE20, and can very likely get parts and/or engine, g/box at mates rates.

If any of you want to suggest an engine set up worth considering.

I would like 120-130kw at the wheels and it must remain streetable to some extent as after the engine build it will be strictly be a cruiser, sunday driver, and a part time skid/drag toy. I would also prefer to keep an old school theme to it, hence why I'm not leaning towards a 4A-GE. Lets say I have a budget of around $2000-$3000.

Thanks, Ben.

Edited by benzo

hey 4age's are getting kind of old school.

in NSW you can't even put a 12a into a ke20.

remember its either legal or illegal, no completely illegal or partly illegal as far as an insurance investigator is concerned.

i'd recommend working the 4k or getting a 7k-e for such a small budget.

Lets say I have a budget of around $2000-$3000.

Thanks, Ben.

if you want to put a rotary in you will need to budget more than that :wink:

Custom: mounts, exhaust, sump, tailshaft, clutch hydralics, radiator, oil cooler, fuel lines are all needed

getting these made up becomes expensive, plus theres the cost of the motor+g/box

Edited by 13BT_KE20

What sort of 4K could I build with say $1000, considering I already have 32/36 weber, extractors, and 2 inch exhaust with twin resonators? I also already have a 5 speed in with upgraded clutch, and a 4.3:1 locked diff.

I would like a cruiser with (hopefully) enough balls to at least keep up with the Commonwhores.

thanks, Ben.

my mate has 145kw atw out of a natural bridgey 12a on standard carby. i drove it, it does 120ks in 2nd, and now i wish i lived in adelaide lol.

so 200kw out of a na 13b is so easy. jay port + 52 weber = win. don't waste your time with a 4k, rotarys are so much better.

J-port + 52 weber is going to be an absolute pig and not something you want to drive every day.

A mate of mine was getting 210rwhp out of an N/A 13B bridgey so the potential is there.. but I wouldn't bother going to all the trouble of converting to a rotor and then leaving it as a 'cruiser'.. just work with what you've got I say!