13b Into Ke20

benzo

You lose 30% of power through the driveline :P that would make a 130hp engine just over 90hp at the wheels not 100 lol

You will never lose 30% of the power through the driveline my friend.

A KE series car will probably lose around 15Kw through the driveline period no matter how much horsepower you have.See its not a linear thing but a fixed loss.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahah cheers

you are also very wise :yes: .. sounds like you have done a conversion or two as well??

Indeed still doing another one at the moment with an 808 wagon ;) but workshop time is a little harder to come by these days lol

thats recieving a S513bT matching box etc :P

That 12a turbo setup sounds ideal for ya benny you should look into it depending on what series rx7 it's out of rolla13bt??? :P

the series 3 is the best 12aT of course, that in mind you are still going to need to do something about a diff...

Cut and shut 9" can be picked up in melb for about $2500 brand new ready to bolt in, they may even be a little cheaper these days lol (I know Ouch expensive :P but that will get you safely to around 8sec qtr miles without needing a thing :P ).

You will never lose 30% of the power through the driveline my friend.

A KE series car will probably lose around 15Kw through the driveline period no matter how much horsepower you have.See its not a linear thing but a fixed loss.

I'm afraid your wrong my friend 30% is the most you should lose and the average is qround 25% depending on the box and diff you have etc... :P

On a seperate note..

And lets not forget our good friend traction :yes: if you wan2 lose a lil traction skinny's AREN'T safe you still need a lil rubber to do it safely tubbing is no longer legal on a street car anywhere... except maybe QLD lol

Edited by Luckie_Steve

I'm afraid your wrong my friend 30% is the most you should lose and the average is qround 25% depending on the box and diff you have etc... :P

On a seperate note..

And lets not forget our good friend traction :yes: if you wan2 lose a lil traction skinny's AREN'T safe you still need a lil rubber to do it safely tubbing is no longer legal on a street car anywhere... except maybe QLD lol

I'm not getting into this argument again,if you are talking about a STD production car then you can qoute accurate power loss but if you are talking modded,different engine hp combo cars then it will not be the same power loss as it was when the car was delivered from factory.

THEY ARE THE FACTS>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you make an extra 30Kw at the engine then ALL of it gets to the wheels not a percentage of it..

• 1 year later...

a 13b into a ke20 is the best thing i have ever herd of,i started mine at new years when i bought a manual s4 rx7 with a standard n/a injected 13b. i have made engine mounts,as the s4 rx7 engine is mid mounted insted of a crossmember at front of engine,

every thing is in my car and should be going in fortnight, don't listen to all the amtures telling you its going to cost to much or its illigal or its to hard

its defintly worth it, keep you posted and tel u how fast it is

What state you in mate?

Would be good to see another rotarolla brappin around.

Cheers, Ben.

come to NZ they are everywhere. there is always lots of then forsale on www.trademe.co.nz also, even seen 13b'ed E30 BMW's on there. by what i have read on the net they are real hard on what u can put in a car or what u can do to your car's over there i feel sorrt for ya's ay. we pretty much got free reain as long as it passes certifacation for the mods (even then they not as strickt as u guys)

i know I'm pretty new to this site but i noticed no one mentioned a v6 convesion it wont have the barp barp barp of a rotor or a does of a sr20 but they certaintely do put out the power. Castlemain rod shop also have conversion kits available to suit almost anything :fuzz: .

motor cpu and box$750 approx

clean up and tune$300 approx

conversion kit $1000 approx

competent home mechanic can install themselves

and if you want some serious power TURBO IT :fuzz: .

Turbo kit$1000

140rwhp (non turbo)

200rwhp (turbo approx)

just my 2cents worth

I'm lookin at maybe a 355 stroker conversion

gotta keep it Oldskool!