What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

Ah yep... was going uphill (rather STEEP uphill) at slow speed, blazing a new track and mowing down small saplings as I went. One of the saplings was evidently not so easily flattened, and the nose of the bike basically shot up and then flipped backwards.... and yeah we ended up in the uncomfortable sandwich Hiro so accurately described :)

I managed to catch the bike as it was coming back down and divert it to the side slightly. Things would have been considerably nastier had I not...

What grinds my gears is the fact that I probably won't even be able to get into the tafe course I want, which I chose because I wouldn't be able to get into the related uni course I wanted. I hate life.

you don't need anything special for a tafe course, you just need to apply and wait.

you could probably apply for your pets to take a tafe course, altho they might fail, they would still be able to get a place :lol:

Victims

Something that was in the kids school newsletter:

If you don't like something...... change it!

If you can't change it...... change your attitude.

Don't complain.

sums up life well.

I agree mate, great advice....and something to live by. I'm a great believer in positive thought process....think positive and positive things will happen. :lol:

My voice is giving me the shuts. At times it sounds like i've got a pair of coconuts and a mountain ash tree in my pants with how deep my voice has been lately.

Had to take a run to brissie on sunday, was hoping to go to a car/plane show in town here for the first time but anywhat the out come was pretty good so i'm happy with that.

On the way back home we stopped in at the BP at Blacksoil to fill up. Walked in to pay for the fuel "Just the fuel on number 12, thanks", "sorry but we don't have a 12", "damn, sorry, thinking of other things. Think it was number 3.", "what, sorry but which number?", "number 3 where the white car is.", "sorry but we can't take it as where the white car is, your going to have to go back to see which number pump your at.", "bloody hell, your kidding right. Its number 3 where the white car is!", "sorry but i need the pump number.", "Yep, fine for f@$ks sake!"......"Oh, hang on, was it $21.40 on pump 3?", "Oh your f@$king joking aren't you? And what number have i been saying?"

you don't need anything special for a tafe course, you just need to apply and wait.

you could probably apply for your pets to take a tafe course, altho they might fail, they would still be able to get a place :lol:

Na, it's coz the course I want is heaps popular, so they have this whole other thing of requirements, all about how much you've worked and what areas you've worked in, other tafe courses you've done, etc etc, which I have done none of. Everyone's like "Oh but you're finishing year 12, that's gotta mean something" But they don't care about how smart you are, they care about work ethic and stuff to do with the outside world. I've been living in a little school-filled bubble. My whole life [very sadly] evolves around school. Pisses me off that you can do school and do really well, and still not have the requirements to do a tafe course.

Na, it's coz the course I want is heaps popular, so they have this whole other thing of requirements, all about how much you've worked and what areas you've worked in, other tafe courses you've done, etc etc, which I have done none of. Everyone's like "Oh but you're finishing year 12, that's gotta mean something" But they don't care about how smart you are, they care about work ethic and stuff to do with the outside world. I've been living in a little school-filled bubble. My whole life [very sadly] evolves around school. Pisses me off that you can do school and do really well, and still not have the requirements to do a tafe course.

I need to show this to my girlfriend. She doesn't believe you can do well without year 12.

I sat on my phone. It is McEffed.

And I think it would be best to do year 12, coz you can do anything you want once you've done it, whether if you drop out its harder to get jobs coz people don't employ many people who have dropped out over people who have finished, it just adds creditation I spose. And I reckon a lot of people would regret not doing it. Like a lot of older people I know who dropped out are like "I wish I'd finished school" But it depends what you want with your life as well. I spose it wouldn't make any difference at all for like a brickie or something.

Edited by Lexxi[ke35]

I'm a chippie.

i walked out of school with an OP2 and into an engineering degree.

dropped out of that after 9 days, and spent a year just doing what i wanted. walking into jobs easy coz of my results, and leaving when i got bored.

it seriously does help you to have good year 12 grades as you have something to show for yourself.

think about it, if 5 17/18 year olds apply for a job, 3 have finished school, 2 havnt and they only need 1 person, to create a shortlist, what are they gonna do?

they'll axe the giveruperers, the ones that dropped out of school, as they obviously have poor work ethic.

whether thats the truth or not, to a prospective employer, it only looks bad.