What Grinds My Gears.

driving to work today, i spot a bunch of flashing yellow lights up ahead on wynnum road...great....car accident.

everyone merges into one lane, crawling along...i get to the crash, a later model camry (maybe 2000) crash rear ended something, looks like the other vehicle had moved on.

so there is one damaged vehicle left, the camry, no less than THREE tow trucks all in a row, hoping to get the job, with the camry in the middle, blocking 1/2 lanes, one tow truck guy and the camry driver standing next to the camry SIGNING PAPERS on the bonnet of the camry.

now the camry was a bit beat up, but i reckon it would drive (no major leaking fluids from what i could see), or at least you could push it OFF THE ROAD into a side street perhaps...to clear traffic. yet they were all just standing around looking at it. whilst the traffic crawled along.

is it unreasonable to expect that the highest priority for everyone involved would be to clear the road, given it is a main road at peak hour? evidently not!!!

and this isnt the first time i have noticed this either....they seem to like taking their time.

Members dont see this ad

WGMG - Getting to trade school, we're at the stage of working at our own pace & I have everything I need to get cracking. Get told "you can't do that","this isn't ready yet" & end up sitting in a classroom for 2 hours with the teacher talking $h1t just so I can get my name ticked off the roll... I'm not here to hear what your weekend was like FFS!

Yeah I had a read of the schedule, padding is advised unless its FIA class, and a full wrap around race seat where the healmet or body would not come in contact with cage,

I don't know if ill be able to get a log book as the place that built mine is no longer there, i have the receipt still

Yeah i cut the side bars out, and could still use clamps, i could still have her registered today i reckon

jump on the POS cams website, you should be able to find the log book application form, i did, hardest part if choosing the category you wanna be logged booked to, and meeting the schedule, shouldnt be an issue that the shop isnt there anymore, you can log book a home built cage I'm pretty sure so long as it meets the standard...

WGMG - The weekends not being long enough to get time to scratch my ass, I love project cars, but I hate it when people rock up to your house with their cars and ask for help on their cars and you already have your whole day planned for work on your own car

NO SHEEET!

Had a dude I went to school with, Blew up his G13b 'zuki GTi. Then expected that he could get it towed to mine so I could fix it.

PIGS f@$kING ARSE!

Ended up having a wrecker tow it away, gave him like $200 if that. He'd paid like $1200 for it 6-8wks earlier. HAHA!

i had a look at it, I'm thinkin of mini tubbin the car and cruise it haha

I'm gettin really annoyed with the paddin on the a pillar as its a massive blind spot when comin into a round about

take the padding off, i hate the look of the padding, and in road worthy terms you ahve to be able to see the A pillar either side of the cage padded it makes it unroadworthy.

yours looks to have alot of padding, do you know why its all padded?

take the padding off, i hate the look of the padding, and in road worthy terms you ahve to be able to see the A pillar either side of the cage padded it makes it unroadworthy.

yours looks to have alot of padding, do you know why its all padded?

Thought about it, the cage is the same colour as the car, I know roadworthy, in case of collision head is protected (to some degree) with the assistance of the padding, you'd think with harnesses and fixed seats i would not get that far, and the car runs along very neatly around the head zone,

why, to make it look stealth, you would be surprised how subtle it looks, but right next to it, nah

and it has nice material with velco wrapped around it, instead of the zip tie look

NO SHEEET!

Had a dude I went to school with, Blew up his G13b 'zuki GTi. Then expected that he could get it towed to mine so I could fix it.

PIGS f@$kING ARSE!

Ended up having a wrecker tow it away, gave him like $200 if that. He'd paid like $1200 for it 6-8wks earlier. HAHA!

LOLLL i was doing an apprenticeship as a mechanic.. At one stage i had 9 cars at my place.. 5 of them were mine. 4 were ones i had been given with small issues to fix that i could keep. 1 i brought and the other 4 were from my family all dumping there cars on my doorstep to fix because they couldn't be arsed going to a mechanic shop and thought i would do it for free..

I ended up with 2 cars left. and 5 grand I'm my pocket once i sold them all off.. Including family cars they wanted me to fix :P