What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

WGMG; ʞ©$ɟen gaylord "car scene" wankers. "Hellaflush", ʞ©$ɟen "stance", all of that shit.

Having negative 500 degrees of camber on the rear of your car does not make it anything other than a wank.

Lowering an IRS car doesn't have to amount to ridiculous camber, there are ways around it and your car might actually look good. If you're having trouble fitting some wheels then do some freaking guard work. And not trying to fit 25 inch wheels on a car that has trouble clearing 19's in the first place is normally a good place to start...

^ Yeah ʞ©$ɟ oath, most of that shit on 'stance nation' pisses me right off it looks shit and is ridiculous. Mostly the camber stuff. They're saying its got 400hp+ but some dick has dialled in about a 45 degree angle of camber and the rims are touching the guards front and back without it being airbagged so its no longer functional. I mean they can do what they want with their cars, but really? that much money on something you can't drive? Might as well run square wheels; just to be different

And it's literally neg 45 too. And seems to be predominantly on newer, more expensive cars too.

Unliked so many pages on facebook because they kept throwing up "Stanced!!" or "Hellaflush anyone?" Dead over it.

I'm on your page, I look at a car as a functional thing, if it doesn't serve a certain purpose ie. Circuit, sprint, time attack, powerful daily or just a nice comfortable daily then it isn't worth a cent to me and it's pure wank.

Also WGMG is people fully souping up their VTIR Preludes and Hyundai Excels. Was in Surfers (Paradise) on Friday night and saw FWD Lancers and all kinds of pieces of shit with pink "UNIT" stickers on them, ghey chromed up 20's on them and bonnet scoops etc. If you saw the Excel that I saw that night, you'd have keyed it on general principle.

I would never do something so pointless and stupid but seeing all these danga's seriously makes me less enthusiastic about cars.

It's nice to see some people with a RWD car share the same opinion as me re: 'stance' etc. Saves me going on another rant. :laff:

I'm all for nice wheels, lowered height etc, but when things start going past functional, they've lost me. I.e you're running 295-wide tyres yet only 30mm of that is touching the road surface, may as well run motorbike tyres. :blinks:

Edited by carbonboy

It's nice to see some people with a RWD car share the same opinion as me re: 'stance' etc. Saves me going on another rant. :laff:

I'm all for nice wheels, lowered height etc, but when things start going past functional, they've lost me. I.e you're running 295-wide tyres yet only 30mm of that is touching the roud surface, may as well run motorbike tyres. :blinks:

Half the reason why i'm not all the fussed on ke70's

Its that typical persona of it'll have a 4ag or sr20 of some description and be setup as a pig of some description.

Now don't get me wrong cause some do fall outside of the box.

And don't get started on my thing, cause yesterday all i wanted to do was tow into the street, throw petrol on it and sing

"We don't need no water let the motherphucker burn"

"Burn motherphucker burn"

Beaded tires is for amateurs

noriyaro_kawashima_celica_nagoya_001.jpg

The car doesn't look half bad if you didn't see the wheels and the missing mirror.

(correction - the phucked up right hand mirror.)

Talking about mirrors - for the love of all things great and small i miss having a left hand mirror.

Edit - the correction

Edited by towe001

Maybe half the ke70s getting about are all the same and people aren't thinking outside the box, but thats because its a fun box.

People are doing 4age and sr20 conversions not to be kings of the automotive world, but to have a fun car. Purposely making it look like a pig however...... gay. Its not hard to keep it tidy at least

Edited by BlueKsev

^^^Now, I'm just another soon to be 4AG KE70 owner and it's soon to be carbon wrapped too lol but, A) The car is going to be tracked. Frequently. And, B) I could care less what it looks like, the car is going to serve one purpose and one purpose only but It will have rego to get it to the track and back because I can't afford to buy a trailer and tow car, what do I care about bodywork and paint?...AND the body's too far gone to bother with repairing rust and dents etc anyway...

It's not because I want it to be a "pig".

It's just going to be a car to learn in and have some fun with.

If it was a half decent shell to begin with, I'd fix the rust and paint it etc.

EDIT: And that Celica up there^^^ Facepalm...

Edited by Willis