Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Grinds My Gears.

Featured Replies

I guess this doesn't grind my gears as such but whats going on with people talking up the stuff they have for sale and saying its "overrated"?

Doesn't that mean that it is not as good as people say/ its rated too highly?

If someone said a movie was overrated i would think all the good comments about it weren't true and that it sucked.

Is it just me?

 

Edit: What grinds my gears: Mods messing with my head and making the word " M-i-n-t" come out as overrated in for sale posts haha

Edited by BlueKsev

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Views 1.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You can't even be trusted with ball bearings... Who the hell would let you drive a forklift that can't stop?

  • Go be a douche somewhere else.   Yea, I'm in a bad mood.

  • @Blzbud666 & Trev.   Since you guys feel the need to input your opinions about drift either every time I post or everytime the word ke70 is mentioned, generally I've brushed it off as to try an

Posted Images

I guess this doesn't grind my gears as such but whats going on with people talking up the stuff they have for sale and saying its "overrated"?

Doesn't that mean that it is not as good as people say/ its rated too highly?

If someone said a movie was overrated i would think all the good comments about it weren't true and that it sucked.

Is it just me?

 

Edit: What grinds my gears: Mods messing with my head and making the word " M-i-n-t" come out as overrated in for sale posts haha

 

 

*snicker*

 

 

Wasn't my idea but.

 

:lmao:

 

I've wondered why I can't type w.i.l.l.y-n.i.l.l.y without it changing n.i.l.l.y to nearly, now it makes sense! :wink:

Edited by carbonboy

I've wondered why I can't type w.i.l.l.y-n.i.l.l.y without it changing n.i.l.l.y to nearly, now it makes sense! :wink:

 

Oh you've stumbled on a REALLY old one there. Like, circa 2004/5 I think! Someone kept misspelling nearly...

 

I think I did d.ose -> does recently too.

Oh you've stumbled on a REALLY old one there. Like, circa 2004/5 I think! Someone kept misspelling nearly...

 

I think I did d.ose -> does recently too.

 

Glad I'm not completely nuts yet! Nor the only one slightly annoyed by $h1tty spelling (or misuse of words :lol: ) on occasions. Granted, we all slip up at times, but when in a world where you have online dictionaries right here on the screen in another tab rather than a big, fat book on the shelf...

 

Maybe I should take this out of WGMG & throw it into Redwarfs "How hard can it really be?" basket. :P

Edited by carbonboy

 

Maybe I should take this out of WGMG & throw it into Redwarfs "How hard can it really be?" basket. :P

Oh god no don't that, it might do bad things..... :lol:

Google makes it really easy these days. E.g. search for "define antidisestablishmentarianism"

 

 

The m!nt thing was getting a bit ridiculous. It was being used rather dishonestly in many cases.

 

:blinks:

 

The term has largely fallen into disuse.

 

Gee, wonder why that is? :laff: +1 on the M-word mod. :)

 

Oh god no don't that, it might do bad things..... :lol:

 

Good point... :hmm:

Edited by carbonboy

Having to sell another car due to circumstance.... I was genuinely full-on with this project.. I spent quite some time on it in the short time it has been with me.

 

Oh well, if anyone in the Melb area wants to buy a dirt cheap '55, pm me.

 

Another thing grinding the gears of late is the old man.. Spat the dummy at my sister and I (she's 24, I'm 19) for not helping out enough. We BOTH pay $100 a week board, we BOTH do more housework than him and we BOTH try to keep the house peaceful.. Shits me no end. wallbash.gif

I guess this doesn't grind my gears as such but whats going on with people talking up the stuff they have for sale and saying its "overrated"?

Doesn't that mean that it is not as good as people say/ its rated too highly?

If someone said a movie was overrated i would think all the good comments about it weren't true and that it sucked.

Is it just me?

 

Edit: What grinds my gears: Mods messing with my head and making the word " M-i-n-t" come out as overrated in for sale posts haha

 

Mint :P

 

:lmao:

 

I've wondered why I can't type w.i.l.l.y-n.i.l.l.y without it changing n.i.l.l.y to nearly, now it makes sense! :wink:

 

willy nilly?

 

Oh you've stumbled on a REALLY old one there. Like, circa 2004/5 I think! Someone kept misspelling nearly...

 

I think I did d.ose -> does recently too.

 

dose it up.

Edited by Trev

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.