What Grinds My Gears.

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200808/r284115_1209249.asx

No offence to anyone that agrees with that but if you do, I never want to meet you.

Basically its saying that the Australian Defence Force Cadets is making people violent, and that it should be disbanded. C'mon! They even want to remove drill, which by the way is an excellent form of team work and self esteem, the fact that if you do it long enough you will be a lot fitter aswell doesn't matter to them. They just want it to be more involved around technology, don't know how they intend to do that.

*Note I do not represent any idea's on behalf of anyone else except for myself. My opinion is mine only and should be represented as such.*

i watched the link there pretty much only 1 mention about the whole violence thing but the rest was more directed at dudy of care to the kids which is fair enough. id say contact sports breeds more violence than cadets.

i was a cadet 15 years ago and we were being watched over by vietnam veterans and other ex military it was pretty fun and i think the article says over 3000 memberships have dropped in the last 10 years, id say thats due to kids getting bored

Members dont see this ad

My gripe is with roadworks...

Take the Gateway Motorway. Getting some upgrades at the moment. Now the only modification done is some areas of it is a Concrete barrier and a drop in speed. I don't see why the speed drop as the road is exactly the same just with a barrier??

I am sick of traffic and then another thing is Trucks being in the right lane. I hope that when the second bridge is built and when its 12 lanes that trucks will have to stay in only 2 on either side. They cause the traffic

Lately it seems to me lots of people are leaving the ADFC because of the policies that are being put in to protect the cadets and staff. Although most of the time it seems to be only making it harder to plan around everything.

Some simple things that people are complaining about and leaving over is stuff like

- In the field when hammering in the plastic tent pegs for 11 X11's you must now wear safety goggles to make sure that it doesn't get anything in your eye.

- Not being able to run in the field or do anything that could even resemble something military like.

- Not being allowed to do anything PT related wether the cadets want to or not.

And the major thing being not able to carry innoc steyrs or anything else like that around in the field.

If they do manage to disband the Australian Defence Force Cadets then it will be a bad day for everyone.

Also anyone interested should join the Australian Air Force Cadets, its the best of all 3 services. For example, in the last 2 months we have organised a tour through HMAS Ballarat(think it was ballarat, if not whoops) sent some senior cadets through the Army Adventure training and had multiple flying bivs and field.

I was in the Air Force Cadets, and although I didn't like drill I still did it and was worth the experience and joys I also got out of it going to ADFA etc.

And I agree with post above. Air Force is the best, though Army is something I would like to try out but Navy is a little.. erm.. to not my style.

Edited by WinKE55

I am sick of traffic and then another thing is Trucks being in the right lane. I hope that when the second bridge is built and when its 12 lanes that trucks will have to stay in only 2 on either side. They cause the traffic

Maybe if the traffic could keep up with ,or maybe even be a little faster, then the truckies wouldn't have to sit in the right lane

People that bash the elderly and disabled. These scumbags have no respect for the elderly/disabled so why should we show them respect.

Drag them through the streets, lock them in stockades and treat them how they treat the elderly/disabled.....

Dark ages, middle ages

Either way i don't care its what these scumbags deserve and little else........

Another traffic Update...

ETOLL and the Gateway Bridge!!

I have etoll on my car, the traffic ques through the etoll lanes while the bogans that refuse to get etoll zoom through the toll booths and cut around!! NOT FAIR!! I say rip the booths out sooner rather than after the second bridge is built.

The gateway is a complete joke. HALF AN HOUR TO GET OVER THE BRIDGE TODAY!! And there was no sign of an accident or broken down car. But for some reason the whole flow of traffic decides to stop, then slowly start again at a very slow pace to speed up and stop at the booths again. It took me 2 hours to get from the Northside to Ipswich. I just love how our roads have been neglected for so long. The gateway is 25 years almost and is only now seeing an upgrade. I want an even bugger fuel subsidy to account for all the wasted fuel used up while sitting in traffic on a highway that you have to pay to use.

I just hope that the final result doesn't end up being just 3 lanes in each direction when the highway heading down to the Gold Coast manages to be 4 lanes in each direction. If you look around only one highway in Brisbane has more than two lanes and that's the Southeast Freeway that leads to the city. Even then it starts at 4 lanes at the Gold Coast and changes to 3 the closer you get to the city??

Even where the Gateway meets the Logan, the Logan goes from two to one lane, then back to two. During peak hour traffic floods back, same with the Ipswich end of the Logan, two to one lane. But that is currently under construction, we'll see in time how badly they f@$k that one up.

I hate the roads up here!!

I've tried to self operate again. :sob: I had an operation a couple months back on my foot to remove my toenail. They left a small bit and now it hangs out but wont rip off. its really irritating as it hooks onto my sheets and socks and stuff. I tried to rip it out with pliers earlier, I felt it rip and it begun to bleed but it wont come off. I'll try again tomorrow... maybe after a drink or two.

I am sick to effing death of being the only person in my little sphere of influence that has his shit together, whilst my friends and relatives continue to fall arse backwards into f@$kup after f@$kup rather than using a bit of common sense and forward planning...

Don't say thankyou, don't tell me how much you appreciate my help. You know what I want from you in return? I want you to use your OWN f@$king brain for once and stop basing your decision making process around the fact that I will be there to throw you a lifeline if you f@$k up... cos one day, I won't.

/rant

I just got home from work and i'm not happy. Like WTF is it with traffic that goes on for about 5-10K's and when you get to the cause of it, it's roadwork with no lanes closed, no work happening, just two guys standing by a ute chatting!!! And for that we stuck out signs and dropped the speed limit from 80 to 40!!

I'm such a dumbass!!

Moving some cars around so I can get one of the sedans into the front yard ready for wrecking.

So I was gonna swap the wagon in the front yard with the sedan so that I'm not crowding the front yard. So the wagon wouldn't start (Fair enough), so I jumped it. Still wouldn't start so I swapped batteries, still wouldn't start so I rolled it down the hill so Lolla could jump start it. After a while she still wouldn't start, so I cracked the shits, pulled the battery out and attempted to push the sucker up the hill. Was making small advancements until I hit a spot and she wouldn't go further. I put everything into it and nothing, car kept rolling back.

Turns out that when I removed the battery I stuck it infront of the car and the tire didn't wanna run over it.

Mad workout tho. My legs feel like jelly.

I am sick to effing death of being the only person in my little sphere of influence that has his shit together, whilst my friends and relatives continue to fall arse backwards into f@$kup after f@$kup rather than using a bit of common sense and forward planning...

Don't say thankyou, don't tell me how much you appreciate my help. You know what I want from you in return? I want you to use your OWN f@$king brain for once and stop basing your decision making process around the fact that I will be there to throw you a lifeline if you f@$k up... cos one day, I won't.

/rant

amen to that brudda

I'm such a dumbass!!

Moving some cars around so I can get one of the sedans into the front yard ready for wrecking.

So I was gonna swap the wagon in the front yard with the sedan so that I'm not crowding the front yard. So the wagon wouldn't start (Fair enough), so I jumped it. Still wouldn't start so I swapped batteries, still wouldn't start so I rolled it down the hill so Lolla could jump start it. After a while she still wouldn't start, so I cracked the shits, pulled the battery out and attempted to push the sucker up the hill. Was making small advancements until I hit a spot and she wouldn't go further. I put everything into it and nothing, car kept rolling back.

Turns out that when I removed the battery I stuck it infront of the car and the tire didn't wanna run over it.

Mad workout tho. My legs feel like jelly.

hahahaha, made me laugh reminds me of me and my clutz'ness