Ke11 Slow Going Project

PHATKE11

Hi fellas, i've been a member of this website for a while now and have yet to really post anything so i thought i'd get off my arse and take a few shots of my slow going KE11 project. Stay tuned, more pics to follow........ This girl should be up and running for the All Jap Classic in a few weeks, fingers crossed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

post-3662-1188109870_thumb.jpg

post-3662-1188110030_thumb.jpg

post-3662-1188110192_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a 4k apprently oversize, twin asian carbs, 2 spd toyoglide. Done all the work myself except for the engine and head which i brought off ebay. Still got a little work to do to the interior and and engine bay but all in all shes gonna be a little goa I'm hoping.

She's a 4k apprently oversize, twin asian carbs, 2 spd toyoglide. Done all the work myself except for the engine and head which i brought off ebay. Still got a little work to do to the interior and and engine bay but all in all shes gonna be a little goa I'm hoping.

SLOW i do believe is a polite way of describing it..... We have been waiting for tooo long..... HURRY UP

• 4 weeks later...

Well i've nearly reached the completion stage and thought i'd share a few more photos.

post-3662-1190624453_thumb.jpg

post-3662-1190624817_thumb.jpg

post-3662-1190625383_thumb.jpg

post-3662-1190625730_thumb.jpg

Few things to finish off such as battery stay, fuel lock, dash top (f@$king slow auto upholsters), kick down cable for the auto etc etc. Drove the car up and down the street today, little goer :P . Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hi,

One clean KE11 mate. Will be fun to drive in.

But a few questions. Are you running a thermo fan by any chance as I can't see any sort of fan in your first engine bay pic? As I was curious to know if your running a thermo fan how have you rigged up your temp switch probe for it?

Also the 2 filters on your rocker cover your using for pollution gear how do you think these will go in rego?

And does the small electric fuel pump I spotted in the engine bay work a treat with the -B carby setup? I have thought about one of these for my KE15 but am undecided as I know carbys can be annoying to setup with electric fuel pumps.

Cheers

Cameron

Well i've nearly reached the completion stage and thought i'd share a few more photos.

post-3662-1190624453_thumb.jpg

Few things to finish off such as battery stay, fuel lock, dash top (f@$king slow auto upholsters), kick down cable for the auto etc etc. Drove the car up and down the street today, little goer :yes: . Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hurry up mate and you can take it to the Japanese Classic Cars Show on 14th October :)

I'm sure you will get a trophy there :cool:

it would have been finished ealier if i didnt sheer off a certain tranny cooler line off the side of the gearbox!

cheers phatke30!

OOOPPSS... ;) He should've just put a manual in it right from the beginning. :D

It would be on the road already if he had :yes:

This needs to be at that show...14th October :)

Edited by PHATKE20S

Hi,

One clean KE11 mate. Will be fun to drive in.

But a few questions. Are you running a thermo fan by any chance as I can't see any sort of fan in your first engine bay pic? As I was curious to know if your running a thermo fan how have you rigged up your temp switch probe for it?

Also the 2 filters on your rocker cover your using for pollution gear how do you think these will go in rego?

And does the small electric fuel pump I spotted in the engine bay work a treat with the -B carby setup? I have thought about one of these for my KE15 but am undecided as I know carbys can be annoying to setup with electric fuel pumps.

Cheers

Cameron

Hey cam, i am running a thermo fan (ICE Brand 12") in front of the radiator in push configuration. Not running a probe sensor, just got it on a remote switch though the ignition for the fan. As for the filters if you know the right people to do a roadworthy well then you've got no worries :) . Haven't had any dramas with running a electric pump so who ever told you its annoying they obviously don't know what they are talking about.