1ggte Ke70

lloydske70

hey guys if got a 1ggte on its way to my place and i was plannig on rebuilding it getting it acid dipped new seals bearings gaskets you know the usual, bosch 040 fuel pump, bigger fuel lines, 14 psi on stock turbos, 300+280+75mm fmic mounted upsidedown infront of radiator support pannel with short cooler pipes(no lag), AU falcon radiator with twin thermos, exedy heavy duty cluch, EB rear springs, 3" exhuast all the way with just a canon or somthing, r31 front springs,gbox tunnel and firewall mods so i can have 200mm of engine in cabin (i measured) to even the weight up as much as i posible can, shortened tailshaft, custom engine mounts/gbox mounts,4wd hilux lsd diff with r31 brakes and thats about it let us know on what your thort is on my little conversion sounds and the purpose is a little drift pig Cheers

1. Get the engine $500

2. Get gearbox and tailshaft $200

3. Get clutch $330

4. Get bosch 040 fuel pump $200

5. Get EB falcon rear springs $40

6. Get falcon radiator and thermo fans $330

7. Get rebuild kit $600

8. Get K&N pod $90

9. Get tailshaft shortened $50

10. Get a 3"exhaust made with canon $250

11. Get intercooler pipe $50

12. Get some radiator hoses $20

13. Get r31 front springs $40

14. Get some pipe for K&N pod $20

15. Get some wire, loom and ties $100

16. Get oil, filter,fuel filter ...ect $200

17. Get the block & head dipped $80

18. Get a flywheel $100

19.Get boost gauge $30

20.Get turbotech boost controler $30

21. Get 300+225+55 intercooler $120

22. Get 4wd hilux lsd $400

$3,780

Edited by lloydske70

Members dont see this ad

hope you've got $8000 spare.

buy that KE20 with an FJ20 for $6800 on car sales and fiddle with the suspension.

If you're keen to go ahed though:

The 1G will fit in with no firewall mods, this is desiable especially if you plan to drive it on the road. Other engines worht considering are the CA18DET, good for 180RWkW with a T28, RB injectors/AFM and a metal head gasket. If you're going rings and the rest it's be very reliable. SR's are good but need injectors and afm to get there as well, head gasket and a freshen up never hurt anyone. both stock ECU's will remap very well. Could use a late model GZE block and big port head, give it a freshen up (the stock pistons are amazing) buy an ebay exhaust manifold and strap on a T28, once agian good for about 180RWkW but will be a little more laggy.

The problem with 6Cylinders is there is 6 or 24 of everythig, rather than 4 or 16 (8 in some) of everyting. They also tend to be heavier. $ for $ the CA18 with a T28 / RB20DET AFM/ FC3S RX7 500 or 550cc injectors / metal head gasket and a remap is hard to beat.

Cheers

Jordan

hey guys if got a 1ggte on its way to my place and i was plannig on rebuilding it getting it acid dipped new seals bearings gaskets you know the usual, bosch 040 fuel pump, bigger fuel lines, 14 psi on stock turbos, 300+280+75mm fmic mounted upsidedown infront of radiator support pannel with short cooler pipes(no lag), AU falcon radiator with twin thermos, exedy heavy duty cluch, EB rear springs, 3" exhuast all the way with just a canon or somthing, r31 front springs,gbox tunnel and firewall mods so i can have 200mm of engine in cabin (i measured) to even the weight up as much as i posible can, shortened tailshaft, custom engine mounts/gbox mounts,4wd hilux lsd diff with r31 brakes and thats about it let us know on what your thort is on my little conversion sounds and the purpose is a little drift pig Cheers

1. Get the engine $500 maybe with blown turbos and no loom

3. Get clutch $330 You'll be paying more for a sprung centre button clutch which I'd recomend, other than a $1550 twin plate

5. Get EB falcon rear springs $40 don't bother

6. Get falcon radiator and thermo fans $330 there are better options, like your stock radiator

7. Get rebuild kit $600 you doing to build it? + $150 for a metal head gasket

8. Get K&N pod $90 buy a cheaper pod

9. Get tailshaft shortened $50 $130

10. Get a 3"exhaust made with canon $250 with crush bends

11. Get intercooler pipe $50 don't forget hoese clamps that'll be $10 each, you'l need ~10, also the rubber conector hoses

13. Get r31 front springs $40 don't bother

15. Get some wire, loom and ties $100 be realistic

16. Get oil, filter,fuel filter ...ect $200 maybe $100

17. Get the block & head dipped $80 dreaming

18. Get a flywheel $100

19.Get boost gauge $30

22. Get 4wd hilux lsd $400 [will need to be shortned

$3,780

Edited by Jordan

1. Get the engine $500

3. Get clutch $330

5. Get EB falcon rear springs $40

6. Get falcon radiator and thermo fans $330

7. Get rebuild kit $600

8. Get K&N pod $90

9. Get tailshaft shortened $50

10. Get a 3"exhaust made with canon $250

11. Get intercooler pipe $50

13. Get r31 front springs $40

15. Get some wire, loom and ties $100

16. Get oil, filter,fuel filter ...ect $200

17. Get the block & head dipped $80

18. Get a flywheel $100

19.Get boost gauge $30

22. Get 4wd hilux lsd $400

$3,780

this will be sweet when your done and worth it. i do think your a little out on some of your estimates though. gearbox and tailshaft for 200!!!!!!!!!! where from cause i want one too. a tail shaft alone is about 300 and a manual gearbox good luck. the hardest part to find is a manual bell housing for a 1g.

i was going to do the came conversion with mine but as always i just havent got around to starting adn I'm not sure if i will at all now. i don't know if you've seen the 9 sec blue ke70 wagon on you tube at all well i bought the old setup out of it. the engine mounts, intercooler piping, custom plenum, gearbox mount, o-ringed head, motor etc.

it'll be great when your done but you might need to recalculate your budget though. good luck

It'll cost you a lot more than you initially realise.

I'm up to $5k with putting a 1JZ into a VN commodore, and its not even in the bay yet. I think another 1K and it'll be in and running. I still need to make the rear cross member, wiring, exhaust/intercooler piping, new radiator, fuel line,various other things, just to get it running. The list never ends. Then theres suspension upgrades, brakes, etc etc.

Putting things where they arnt suppost to go is expensive!

Why don't you pm Love Ke70. He has a 1ggte ke70. You may want to talk with him. I agree with the others. Your budget is optimistic, but thats how we all start out. lol. It will be a weapon for sure. The firewall mods are nothing new, and probly should be done to make it enter corners. Thats what all the serious drifters would do, so I say go for it. Especially if you don't want to drive it on the public roads. All I would say is, and I mean you know offence here love ke70. 1gs are not the best and most relable engines out there. You may want to budget for about 2 headgaskets a year if you are going to flog it hard and raise the boost too much. Will the box fit in the tranny tunnel, if its moved that far back, and what will that do to your shifter position? Is it within range of the w57 shifter positions, any one of the 5 of them?

Why don't you pm Love Ke70. He has a 1ggte ke70. You may want to talk with him. I agree with the others. Your budget is optimistic, but thats how we all start out. lol. It will be a weapon for sure. The firewall mods are nothing new, and probly should be done to make it enter corners. Thats what all the serious drifters would do, so I say go for it. Especially if you don't want to drive it on the public roads. All I would say is, and I mean you know offence here love ke70. 1gs are not the best and most relable engines out there. You may want to budget for about 2 headgaskets a year if you are going to flog it hard and raise the boost too much. Will the box fit in the tranny tunnel, if its moved that far back, and what will that do to your shifter position? Is it within range of the w57 shifter positions, any one of the 5 of them?

ben, closer to 2grand machining costs when i did mine ;)

and you, red spirit boy.

yes, very optimistic. going 8-10 would be my guess.

ever seen a 1g spasticate a head gasket?

can't get metal ones anymore, have to use stock. theyre a tough item though.

2 headgaskets a year. your f@$king kidding.

box fits, cut shifter hole further back. about 2 -3 inches

put a 1j in it. 1g arnt girdled

From the horses mouth, but did you move it all back 200mm into the firewall, lovey? The headgasket thing is just what Ive heard from some DA racers. Obviously thats why I called for your input. Don't ever cuss me again. f@$ker.

what was from the horses mouth?

no i didnt move it into the firewall. i have no interest in drift and the handling is not bad the way it is. moving it back 200mm, ahh, i see, i think what you were getting at is how its gonna totally f@$k shifter position? yes, probably, if you go motor back 200, shifter will be a good 250mm further back than standard. so...about the back of the handbrake....prob not ideal haha. anyway, as i was saying, i wouldnt drift it the way it is, its not nimble, but its not an understeer monster. its also fecking quick :D slides well, is great on long sweepers, but the tight stuff, thats where it will let you down drifting.

who are DA racers? and which of them are running 1g's? they throw big ends running big power, and also blow pistons 1 and 6 if its on a shitty tune.

but theyre actually a bloody strong motor.

what is cussing, and how did i do that? is it coz i called you little red spirit boy? don't take it to heart, ive never met you, so i don't know if your little or a boy or not. I'm just an abrasive prick. thats why the ladies love me ;)