Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one number and four letters for you Luke: 4 A G T E. ;) One day. :P

no thanks man FWD and turbo don't belong in bed together, ill stick to the engine i have with quad throttles and a hit of gas and a LSD 6 speed when i can finally find one :D

No, I mean that my 4A-GTE will beat your 4A-GE, when I build it anyway. For now my 4A-GZE cops an absolute flogging from anything and everything. I think it's in desperate need of a tune, plus I know that the intercooler is cracked and I'm losing massive boost.

if you want and promise to look aftet it i have a boost guage you can borrow so you can check where the leaks are and how much boost you are loseing ;)

also i have pencilled the next drift and lapsprints day into my calander to make rollys debut so youd better be there so i have something which i may be able to keep up with :P

if you don't ill err throw rocks at you or something lol

Edited by Ella

How hard is the boost gauge to install, and what does it connect to on the GZE?

I do plan on having Lola there, but it will depend on how quickly my seller gets in touch with me about an intercooler.

I also hope to have my rose-jointed lower control arms (hello negative camber ;)) installed in time too.

what model GZE do you have?

theres always std top mounts for sale on Twincam.org, go check out the parading toast area (they have a weird name for the trading post) and see if you can find anything there i know theres at least one.

Oh you didn't did you Danno? So when should I expect a PM with an offer for my 4K's???

Luke - Wouldn't have a clue. I was just trying to look it up to find out, but the best page I could find (here) wasn't that much use. All I know is that the AE92 is meant to have a yellow dipstick, and the AE101 is meant to have a grey one. Mine is yellow. Then there are meant to be two slightly different AE92 variants - one big port, one small port. The bigport is almost the same as the AW11 version except for twin-coil AFM (I have twin coils) and a need for high octane fuel (which I use anyway). Mine has a larger crank pulley than one that Duy gave me, so I'm thinking I've got a late AE92 4A-GZE.

So the abbreviated answer to your question (once I worked it out), is that I have MAF fuel metering and MAP twin-coil injection.

On a side note, if mine is the late AE92 engine, then I'm glad, as it's got the good forged & coated high compression pistons. Now I'd just like to find a bigport head.

so the models are as follows i think

early model ae92 bigport afm dli

late model ae92 smallport map dli

aw11 smallport afm distributor

ae101 smallport map dli 6sp

am i right? :)

Incorrect, the details are as follows, in order of production:

AW11, bigport, AFM, single coil (I'm certain they came with a distributor though), 8.0:1 compression, 8psi max boost, 145hp

Early AE92, bigport, AFM, twin coil, 8.0:1 compression, 8psi max boost, 145hp

Late AE92, smallport, MAP, twin coil, 8.9:1 compression, 10psi max boost, 160hp

AE101, smallport, MAP, twin coil, 8.9:1 compression, 10psi max boost, 165hp

just out of curiousity which stock engine is better for a turbo set up would it be the early ae92?.its allready low comp so maybe yes no?

Edited by too quick