Hey,

Found your page. nice engine mounts.

What is that mig welding?

I gotta find rims. Anyone know where

I can goto look at a heap of 15 inch"

deep dish rims? prefferably 4-5

spoked design. They're hard to find.

cheers.

Yes it is mig welding. You should know that. Yeah rims are hard to find, gotta get them custom made. I know a place called retro wheels that makes simmon copies for $575 a rim with no tyres. :y:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being picky as I like what you are doing, but that steering wheel has no give and if you crash it will kill you. You bought good seats and belts and then put a head mincer in front of you.

Please re-consider and put something a little softer in its place. You seem like a smart bloke and it would be nice if god forbid you had an accident (lets hope this does not happen), for you to keep your brains in your head and not on the floor and windscreen.

Hope its not too much of a downer, but that type of wheel in an old car really lowers your chances (don't like the dam things in any car, I have seen what they can look like with bits of ex person on them).

AE93 wheel in black is an easy conversion

Wow I have never heard such an opinion on a steering wheel, yet it sorta makes sense. The only problem is that I really like that style because it kind of keeps with the old school look. I don't really want one of those steering wheels that you buy from like autobarn or supercheap. If I was to buy another steering wheel it would have to be a Nardi one, and I just ain't got the money for that.

• 2 weeks later...
hey buddy,nice conversion your doing there,i was jus curious on how and where you got the engine mounts, I'm putting a 20v in my ke70 and just not sure on engine mounts.any help would be appreciated.

cheers.

The standard engine mounts I decided were a bit too awkward to use so I purchased ford laser engine mounts, primarily because they only had one stud out either side. Once I begun making the engine mount themselves it proved to be a lot easier.

Its all on the first page. I assume he's stll using the same mounts anyway.

Yeah just using the laser engine mounts but I had to custom fabricate my own mounts to suit the block and the rubber mount. Little bit of trial and error, but also helps if you know how to weld. I am a sheetmetal fabricator so that always helps. On that note I have been working on a pretty cool thing for my car but can't show you guys till finished.

• 1 month later...

ALRIGHT. Well thanks to Sbox I ahve now been motivated to share a few more things with my conversion. First of all I purchased a set of RA65 Celica struts for $100. They look fully overhauled with new shocks, dust covers for the shocks and KING Springs. It bolted straight onto the corolla lower control arm although that was using the celica arm that went from the bottom of the strut to the sterring arm. It all fit in well but then I discovered that the hole centres of the strut tops were different.

After hours of trial and error I discovered that the celica spring was a larger diameter and the corolla spring was a smaller diameter. I played around for a bit and the bottom spring seat was the p[erfect diameter for the corolla spring, I then used the corolla top spring seat and strut top and it all bolts in beautifully.

Reason behind this conversion was obviously larger brakes. (these dimensions are when they are bought brand new) The corolla ones are SOLID, 218mm diameter and 12.7mm thickness. The RA65 ones are VENTED, 258mm diameter and 20mm thickness. So quite a satisfactory difference. :lolcry:

Here's a pic. Hope you like.

post-2171-1198134523_thumb.jpg

Now for the next part of news. I have been working on making a custom inlet plenum and so far so good. I am using the standard runners that go into the head. I simply chopped the standard plenum off before the bend and began fabricating the brand new plenum. I welded the large pipe onto the runners after endless hours of getting the holes cut correctly to suit the runners. I then tapered the pipe towards the back in attempt to even the amount and pressure of air that is going into all cylinders.

I am using a six cylinder Ford Explorer throttle body which measures 62mm, which should be more than ample enough for the mighty 4AGE. I made the throttle body come off on an angle to the pipe to clear the alternator and to allow for easy setup of intake pipes to the air filter.

Anyway, more pics for you all. Again I hope you like. Plenty more to do so I will keep you posted.

post-2171-1198135109_thumb.jpg

post-2171-1198135284_thumb.jpg

Well not right now, but i'd love to get a custom inlet manifold made up with a larger throttle body. However i have no cash and would like to pay you(+ materials). Will keep you in mind when i go that path.

Btw muffler looks sexy!

Make sure you make one which fits not too tight on the rear of the ke55. Theres not much room to play with.

Oh and id love a custom rear muffler too. :lolcry: