Vinyll Spray Paint.

andro0o

where do you get it? how much does it cost? is it a good finish? does it crack?

thinking my new paint isnt going to match the black interior i have in my 20 and i wanna do other things before i start forking out for interiors?

any other helpful products to use instead maybe?

Edited by andro0o

Members dont see this ad
Supercheap Auto. Costs about $15 a can. Bought some the other weak to do some blackness on one of our cars. Not sure how it lasts but it dried flat and copped a few bumps and is all in tack still. But for $15 give it a try.

wanted to do white? I'm about to shell out thousands for rust and paint and motor, I'm not gona wreck the car with $15 lumpy paint hahaha. i supose i'll jsut have to find a good condition cream ke20 interior.

I did the KE70 console thats in my KE30 with black vinyl paint. It currently still looks okay but the black is coming off on the sides where I jam my CD wallets besides the seats. I would be interested to know what type the Dashboard Restorations place used as apparently all their vinyl is grey and painted to what ever colour you want.

I did the KE70 console thats in my KE30 with black vinyl paint. It currently still looks okay but the black is coming off on the sides where I jam my CD wallets besides the seats. I would be interested to know what type the Dashboard Restorations place used as apparently all their vinyl is grey and painted to what ever colour you want.

I had my dash sprayed a sandy colour by a dash mob. I must admit the colour came out pretty good, it was just that they did a real sloppy job with the application of both paint and vinyl

Go and buy some wax and grease remover, clean whatever it is your painting, then if you want to go this step, spray some plactic paint adhesion spray on it. Works a treat!

Theres vinyl colour dye, and theres plastic and vinyl paint.

I've used both, and there both really good, i put the dye on my door trims, and they came up a treat! I painted my console with the paint, and still looks great!

You just gotta do the prep work first!

^^^ +1... preparation is the key.

Scrub with hardcore car wash mixed with a wee bit o degreaser, use a scotchbrite pad

wipe down with thinners

wipe over with Prepsol or similar

Spray. Many many light coats is the trick.

Don't use the cheap shit, cos its.. um... shit.

White is a pain in the arse though, and gets manky really quick. Consider a really light grey...

Edited by 7shades

Be prepared for one thing.............. that stuff STINKS !!!!! :lolcry:

I painted an entire interior of one of my previous cars and the smell is just so wrong. It kind of gets better over time but you never get rid of it completely. There are much nicer ways of redoing an interior and in my opinion it's just not fun driving around in what smells like the inside of a paint can.

ella mate I'm george zorbas' mate ive got jonos ke20 i sprayed my vinyll back to its similar orignal color looks awesome at first its rough then afta a while its all sweet. hows your rolla going any dramas? i just got my carbie overhuled goes like a rocket should go 4 a cruise 1nite line em up....

ella mate I'm george zorbas' mate ive got jonos ke20 i sprayed my vinyll back to its similar orignal color looks awesome at first its rough then afta a while its all sweet. hows your rolla going any dramas? i just got my carbie overhuled goes like a rocket should go 4 a cruise 1nite line em up....

ela re, ti kanis? ay do you go all saints by any chance? so your interior isnt white anymore? i wanted to come see it close up... if its still for sale i wouldnt mind coming to have a look at it?