October 14, 200421 yr comment_21561 Hey All Well the time has come for me to start to look into suspension. My ke70 atm has a complely_bog_stock suspension setup. As i am new to the suspension world, i have tured to my fellow rollaclub members for there views / susgestions on the topic! What i would like... (in order of prefrence) 1. Cutt out some of the un-nessary body roll (when car was road worthied, mechanic said shockies were on the way out) 2. Slightly lower the car (not too much, but just a lil :D ) lol What the car will be used for... 1. Road use - it will be my driving car! 2. Motorkahan's - yes, as soon as i get my p's , the Motorkahans are up on the table ! 3. road events for now :) - just to make the car hug the road a bit better, etc (oh the tyres on there atm are 90% Tred & grippy!) i think that coveres everthing - oh and cost - well you tell me ! Thanks again in advanced people :) Ted Report
October 14, 200421 yr comment_21573 *Shameless sponser plug* Work out roughly what you want, then go and talk to Brian at Pedders in Geebung. 431 Newman Road. Veeeeeery helpful. As used by Dwarves, Datgirls and Fooks. Report
October 14, 200421 yr comment_21579 Yes, Brian has set up Pinky and Hal, and I've been happy with both setups. Alternatively (since I'm not sponsored by Pedders...) speak to Ken Graham from Accurate Suspensions, he is a suspension guru... He set up my Lancer GSR and I was more than a little impressed. For KYB's, I got mine from Anthony Kellam, he was willing to sell them to me for less than anyone else For springs, I think I have a source for them slightly cheaper than retail, give me the part number and I can get them. For bushes, Fulcrum have been the cheapest for me. I don't know if it's ethical, or morally right, but generally I've gone and bought everything (from everywhere else), installed it, and then brought the car to Pedders to have everything tuned (Pedders have been rather expensive for parts in virtually every single case) Edited October 14, 200421 yr by demuire Report
October 14, 200421 yr Author comment_21587 ahh ok thanks for all of that people's ! with bushes - what type would i get ? / know which set it correct for me? *time to do some research* :) ! Cheers Report
October 14, 200421 yr comment_21592 Depending on what you want to do, I'd actually suggest to replace the bushes as required. If your rubber bushes are fine, then keep them. If they need replacement, get some polyurethane ones. Yes, poly does make it stiffer and all that, but no as far as I can tell it doesn't make THAT much difference. Just make sure that your bushes (rubber or poly) are in good condition and you'll be fine. Also, poly ones last longer. Also, speak to Brian before you get the bushes. Some bushes are probably best left in rubber. For instance the lower control arm bushes, if you keep them in rubber you can wind more castor in. I've got poly ones, hence can't really wind much castor in. Report
October 15, 200421 yr comment_21616 Fook gave me some good advice when I was thinking about doing some suspension work regarding busches. He said: Keep the rubber castor rod busches that way you can wind on full castor. :) It was good advice! Report
October 15, 200421 yr comment_21618 Hey wow I was useful for something :) Did I say castor rod bushes? Hmm, for some reason I think I meant inner control arm bushes... Or maybe I meant castor rod bushes? Brain not working... Oh well, glad it worked out for you! :) Report
October 15, 200421 yr comment_21628 well both ways would make sense really. I dunno, but your info was highly valuble. Report
October 15, 200421 yr comment_21646 Suspension tip? don't do anything I do. Wait.. that applies to any modification I do. Report
October 15, 200421 yr comment_21653 Fook, Ken Graham, isn't he the one with the( as much as I hate to admit it mel) the kickass 1600 from the motorkhanas. Report
October 15, 200421 yr comment_21658 Peter: Yes. I believe he also initially set up Mel's kickass old 1600 (Dino, the white one that now belongs to Evan and Cara Wheeler). But Dino is now being taken care of by Brian at Pedders Geebung too. Report
October 15, 200421 yr Author comment_21661 King Springs for teddys car... Year / Make / $ Code / Low Front / $ Code / Low Rear 81-85 / COROLLA AE 70 KE70 / A / KFRL-16* / A / KTRL-34 *Progressive Rate Springs* * CHECK FOR REDUCTION OF INSIDE DIAMETER OF ORIGINAL COIL LOWER MOUNT. IF REDUCED USE KTFL-33 OR KTFS-33 i got that off the king springs web page - the australian KYB page was about as education & helpfull as this white wall behind me :D :) ! :) Report
October 15, 200421 yr comment_21662 yea I find some companys have "websites" just so they can say they have one....as shit as it may be Report
October 15, 200421 yr comment_21663 i agree totally Ben. not to many websites have decent searchable parts listings. kyb listings for corollas Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now