Suspension

Teddy

Hey All

Well the time has come for me to start to look into suspension.

My ke70 atm has a complely_bog_stock suspension setup.

As i am new to the suspension world, i have tured to my fellow rollaclub members for there views / susgestions on the topic!

What i would like... (in order of prefrence)

1. Cutt out some of the un-nessary body roll (when car was road worthied, mechanic said shockies were on the way out)

2. Slightly lower the car (not too much, but just a lil :D ) lol

What the car will be used for...

1. Road use - it will be my driving car!

2. Motorkahan's - yes, as soon as i get my p's , the Motorkahans are up on the table !

3. road events for now :) - just to make the car hug the road a bit better, etc

(oh the tyres on there atm are 90% Tred & grippy!)

i think that coveres everthing - oh and cost - well you tell me !

Thanks again in advanced people :)

Ted

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Brian has set up Pinky and Hal, and I've been happy with both setups. Alternatively (since I'm not sponsored by Pedders...) speak to Ken Graham from Accurate Suspensions, he is a suspension guru... He set up my Lancer GSR and I was more than a little impressed.

For KYB's, I got mine from Anthony Kellam, he was willing to sell them to me for less than anyone else

For springs, I think I have a source for them slightly cheaper than retail, give me the part number and I can get them.

For bushes, Fulcrum have been the cheapest for me.

I don't know if it's ethical, or morally right, but generally I've gone and bought everything (from everywhere else), installed it, and then brought the car to Pedders to have everything tuned (Pedders have been rather expensive for parts in virtually every single case)

Edited by demuire

Depending on what you want to do, I'd actually suggest to replace the bushes as required. If your rubber bushes are fine, then keep them. If they need replacement, get some polyurethane ones. Yes, poly does make it stiffer and all that, but no as far as I can tell it doesn't make THAT much difference. Just make sure that your bushes (rubber or poly) are in good condition and you'll be fine. Also, poly ones last longer.

Also, speak to Brian before you get the bushes. Some bushes are probably best left in rubber. For instance the lower control arm bushes, if you keep them in rubber you can wind more castor in. I've got poly ones, hence can't really wind much castor in.

King Springs for teddys car...

Year / Make / $ Code / Low Front / $ Code / Low Rear

81-85 / COROLLA AE 70 KE70 / A / KFRL-16* / A / KTRL-34

*Progressive Rate Springs*

* CHECK FOR REDUCTION OF INSIDE DIAMETER OF ORIGINAL COIL LOWER MOUNT. IF REDUCED USE KTFL-33 OR KTFS-33

i got that off the king springs web page - the australian KYB page was about as education & helpfull as this white wall behind me :D :) !

:)