Ke70 Panelvan

Paul

Thought i'd throw some pics up of my curent daily, pretty rare car.

KE70 windowless panelvan

Stock 4K-C - 71,000kms

K50 box instead of the 4 speed which i changed when doing the clutch

Celica rims with late style Tarago centrecaps.

Previous general issue number plates, (also have BKE-700 for my red sedan)

ummmmm, slow

Other than that not too much to mention, here's the pics...

pano009vo4.th.jpg

pano010gs6.th.jpg

pano011se3.th.jpg

pano012qp7.th.jpg

pano013fn2.th.jpg

Hope you like:)

Paul.

Members dont see this ad
Just on the subject of pano bar indicators, I think I saw some on evilbay... they're listed as ke70 but they sure as hell look like square in-bar ones to me.

Yes i bought a pair of these, they fit perfectly, the bottom one of my five photo's in the first post is a photo of them after fitting yesterday.

Also while we're on that topic, all pano owners listen now as i have a useful bit of info for you. If you have broken lenses but the bodies of the lights themselves are fine, you can use the indicator lenses from the front bar's of AE82's and early 80's Corona's, they don't go straight on, you have to cut or file a little slot to be able to screw in but they are the same dimensions and screw in once the slot is cut. Any questions about this just ask and i'll post up pics.

• 3 weeks later...

I put in an MP3 head unit this weekend, also cut some new door trim/cards and fitted Cressida side pockets. Will be in-building some surrounds for my 6 inch splits to go into the door trims and be part of the pocket assembly if that makes sense. When i do this I'll have to drill holes and fit rubber thingys for the wires to go through so i may as well hook up remote central locking and an alarm while I'm at it.

• 10 months later...

Update pics... A mate popped over to check out the Sprinter, ended up staying and giving me a hand to polish the van up, still gotta do the roof. Cheers to Ben for the help, some pics of his car too...

pano014.jpg

mineandbens3.jpg

mineandbens2.jpg

mineandbens1.jpg

The power house, lol.

pano015.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Spent a good part of today restoring these DX headlights.

DXlights01.jpg

I got some brand new aftermarket corner lights from ebay for them a couple weeks back. Also popped in some arctic blue globes (the main reason for the headlight change in the first place).

Then went to put them on, to find out that as I had expected they do not clear the stock pano beaver panel.

DXlights02.jpg

DXlights03.jpg

They don't drop down far enough :wink:

So it looks like I will need to paint one of my KE75 beaver panels to be able to fit them, as I refuse to just chop what's on there. I'm so shitty, I really wanted them in today. I'm sick of the crappy stock candles and don't wanna just throw in some hilux semi's because I like the DX style more.

Wow, that's a nice looking van mate!

The interior is great, I see you've done the console mod as well :P

Cheers :D , but what do you mean by console mod? The speaker panel?

Update time :)

Lights in...

pano020.jpg

Looks kinda wak now that these lights are in, so I'll have to restore my MA's soon and put the springs I've got here in the front, and order the blocks for the back. Looks way too high, more so with these lights than it did before.