Ke70 Panelvan

Paul

Members dont see this ad

405mm free height springs removed,

285mm free height springs installed :jamie:

Pics later. Need blocks soon now, will most likely order this week and install in a couple weekends time as I'll be in Sydney for work next weekend.

Pics of said lowering...

pano023.jpg

pano025.jpg

pano024.jpg

Also fitted my amp last weekend, all done very neatly :jamie:

Made sure the amp was mounted in a position where it will not be seen, behind a side interior trim. The main power cable on an amp install is always ugly when taken back through the engine bay and through the firewall so I looped mine around the back of the battery and out the side and ran it under the LHS guard, where the large fuse is also installed. Well worth the effort i think. RCA leads are run from the back of HU and out down the right side of the car to eliminate risk of electrical noise of power vs RCA leads.

AmpWiring.jpg

AmpInstall01.jpg

OH, where did it go?

AmpInstall02.jpg

Also installed my crossovers and tweetes from my TS-C1625's, still running off HU not amp to minimize risk of popping the original AE82 phillips 4 inch speakers. Will do the job until I get some TS-C1002's, then I can hook them up to the amp and stereo will be complete.

Tweeter.jpg

• 10 months later...

Been a long time since an update here, but the car is now running a 4A-C, so all the hard work is done already for the up-coming engine conversion. I've got a complete running smallport 4A-GE which I will be re-building as a 4A-GTE, already bought rods, new GZE low comp 20 thou OS pistons, Haltech E8 ECU, T3 alloy pulleys for alternator, crank and waterpump, T3 adjustable cam gears, T3 ITB adaptor, ITB's from 20V, clear cam gear cover and I think that's it so far but there's more shit that I will continue to buy over the next few months before stripping the motor down and getting stuck right into it.

Also customised the original rails of some prelude seats and had them in for a while now, work great around corners at holding me in, but although as comfy as they are they're a bit too high (or i'm too tall for the car whichever way you want to look at it). Next attempt will be the R32 seats under the house as I think I can get them down lower.

No real point adding recent pics as the existing ones are the same as how it looks now.

• 3 months later...

Update pics, ride height is close to where I want it, front will come down with coilover upgrade.

AKEnicepic02.jpg

AKEnicepic03.jpg

Not too much news to update, thinking of selling up my Sprinter project and buying a 240K to do C110 GTR replica project instead.

• 4 months later...

Well long time no update. Bought a new daily (AE82) so I can pull this off the road to do some work to it. Scored a shared company car at work too so I only drove this van for the second time in three weeks yesterday and it's so much fun after getting out of a VY 1 tonner. How can a 82 corolla make a 2003 car with 85,000kms look bad? Oh wait it's a Holden. Stupid question. Company fuel is win though, so technically they're paying me to drive it so I decided to accept:P

Well long time no update. Bought a new daily (AE82) so I can pull this off the road to do some work to it. Scored a shared company car at work too so I only drove this van for the second time in three weeks yesterday and it's so much fun after getting out of a VY 1 tonner. How can a 82 corolla make a 2003 car with 85,000kms look bad? Oh wait it's a Holden. Stupid question. Company fuel is win though, so technically they're paying me to drive it so I decided to accept:P

Corolla Pano always better than holdens, your pano looks tuff good work mate.