More Camber On Ke20

Mick E

I use KE20 for club motor sport I would like to know how to get more camber. It has XT132 struts. What bottom arms can I use?

Is there any 4 piston Toyota brake calipers I can fit to these struts? What flat top pistons can I fit to a 5K does anyone have any information and numbers on these pistons THANK YOU Mick E

Members dont see this ad

I'd Say He's using the corona or celica ones( or KE30-KE70 ones) cause the KE2# corolla steering arms won't fit on the XT132 strut and a corona steering arm won't fit onto a KE2# corolla lower control arm ( different balljoint tapers) , In regard to to getting more camber , what strut tops are you using? you can can get a bit of adjustment with them , you could get the Noltec ones locally or get the T3 ones shipped over from the us , or i'm sure there are a couple more options around , that'd be my suggestion

And yes the Corona struts will take the Hilux/Landcuiser 4 piston calipers , but they are heavy

Lindzz

Edited by LINDSAY

I'd Say He's using the corona or celica ones( or KE30-KE70 ones) cause the KE2# corolla steering arms won't fit on the XT132 strut and a corona steering arm won't fit onto a KE2# corolla lower control arm ( different balljoint tapers) , In regard to to getting more camber , what strut tops are you using? you can can get a bit of adjustment with them , you could get the Noltec ones locally or get the T3 ones shipped over from the us , or i'm sure there are a couple more options around , that'd be my suggestion

And yes the Corona struts will take the Hilux/Landcuiser 4 piston calipers , but they are heavy

Lindzz

I have NOLTEC competition strut tops coil over shocks TRD steering arms to suit XT132 struts and Corolla arms I just like to know how to get some more camber without cutting the bottom arms. Also I would still like to know what flat top pistons fit a 5 K without to much trouble Mick E

I'm pretty sure the ACL 'O' dished pistions are 4MKRY2892 that should be for the kit with the moly rings

3 ways i know of getting more camber are...

1.longer lower arms

2.adjustable strut tops with coil-overs (proper slide ones not spinning rubber bushed cr@p)

3. Bending the stub angle (only really used for fine tuning)

Edited by Boost+k

Mick E , i have read somewhere that GH sigma control arms will suit the KE2# X-member just need to put in crush tubes in the sigma bush or something like that ? they provide approx 30mm more length ?

i'll see if i can find where it said that , brb

Close Lindsay :D

I have sigma control arms in mine, they are about 3 mm different than the standard KE20 ones. About 30mm longer than KE30's KE55etc. They also have the same Balljoint taper (14mm) as the KE30's celicas, coronas etc, NOT the 12mm balljoint taper of the KE 20's.

So they are good if you are using Corona/celica steering knuckles.

Cool thanks Rob , which steering arms are you using in yours ? cause i remember the Celica/corona/KE30-onwards steering arms are longer , just wondering how the steering is with them . reason i ask was cause i was going to use the Corona/pug/hilux setup but the steering arm lengths and other changes kinda scared me off that setup

Lindzz

Cool thanks Rob , which steering arms are you using in yours ? cause i remember the Celica/corona/KE30-onwards steering arms are longer , just wondering how the steering is with them . reason i ask was cause i was going to use the Corona/pug/hilux setup but the steering arm lengths and other changes kinda scared me off that setup

Lindzz

I think KE 30. They are 132 mm as opposed to 108mm(I think). So the steering is slow. That is annoying. A lot of engineers, will accept shortened steering knuckles if properly heat treated. These knuckles have heaps of meat on them to weld, about 3 times the KE20 ones.

If you keep the KE20 control arms, I know that some people (well known high class racers) have elongated the holes in the KE 20 steering knuckles and put in supporting sleeves, to properly locate the steering knuckle to the strut. This has been successfully "tested" on the racetrack for 5 years without any problems, but I'm not too sure about it.

Otherwise, it is custom steering knuckles, which I am inclined to do. I'm considering rack and pinion too. That can be a big job too..

Cheers, Rob.

Close Lindsay :D

I have sigma control arms in mine, they are about 3 mm different than the standard KE20 ones. About 30mm longer than KE30's KE55etc. They also have the same Balljoint taper (14mm) as the KE30's celicas, coronas etc, NOT the 12mm balljoint taper of the KE 20's.

So they are good if you are using Corona/celica steering knuckles.

Is it you Rob that has the KE25 with the 3SGE if so could you send some details on how you converted or what had to be done to get the motor in please Mick E

Is it you Rob that has the KE25 with the 3SGE if so could you send some details on how you converted or what had to be done to get the motor in please Mick E

Yeah, That's me.

PM me and give me your number. I'll contact you and then you can ask a way.

Rob.