Comprehensive Insurance On A Corolla

KJ's Rollas

I have done the ring around and no one will insure you for comprehensive on a corolla that has an expensive stereo. What's the deal?

I want an agreed value and I want things like stereo and alloys to be covered.

Can anyone suggest somewhere that's not expensive and doesn't have a high premiums or excesses.

Cheers

KJ :-)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shannons Insurance.

I have 2 cars insured with them, both Full Comp Agreed Value. ('94 Pulsar and '74 Corolla)

Shannons don't care what is done to your car, as long as it is Roadworthy. Which means if it has mods that need to be engineered....then they must be engineered. A stereo is the least of their worries.

They were the cheapest quote i got. Most major places wont touch cars that are extensively modified.

The following is what i pay annually. I have been with them for about 6 years, so my no claim discount has brought the premiums down. They also do special rates when you have multiple cars insured with them

KE30 Corolla - Full Comp Agreed Value for $4000 = $480/year

N14 '94 Pulsar - Full Comp Agreed Value for $4550 = 550/year

Edited by kangaroosa

shannons are c**ts.

basically no one will insure your stereo when someone flogs it, and your best off saving your money and putting 3rd party fire and theft on it.

in 2 years, you will ahve saved yourself the 1000 your stereo system cost...

maybe I'm generalising.

whats done to your car to make u wanna fully comp it?>

Shannons are not c**ts.

I had my car with full competition stereo covered by Shannons. They were very well priced (less than the major insurers, and they wouldn't cover the stereo). My car got rear-ended, Shannons paid me out to the value of the damage and let me sell the wreck. I was very happy! If you are under 25 you wont have much luck anywhere (with a moded car).

Shannons are not c**ts.

I had my car with full competition stereo covered by Shannons. They were very well priced (less than the major insurers, and they wouldn't cover the stereo). My car got rear-ended, Shannons paid me out to the value of the damage and let me sell the wreck. I was very happy! If you are under 25 you wont have much luck anywhere (with a moded car).

Agreed. I have been smashed into twice.

1st time I was rear ended and the car was repaired within 3 weeks of the accident.

2nd time the person at fault was not insured. Shannons appointed a soliciter to sort it out, and its due to hit the court next year. Needless to say my car was fixed within 4 weeks of the accident anyway.

I can't say a bad thing about them.

I would never go back to 3rd party ever again. For a few extra hundred a year, you have that peace of mind that in the event of an accident your insurance company will sort it all out for you.

Just for reference - Shannons do not have a "3rd Party Fire and Theft" policy. Only a 3rd Party and Theft.

Edited by kangaroosa

I am over 25 so it sounds like that's about my only option.

I have a KE55 with alloys, stereo, aircon, alarm etc.. and want it all insured. The whole lot, and I want a reasonable agreed value so yeah sounds like Shannons are about my only option!

Cheers all!

I have 4 historic vehicles comp insured with shannons,

My every day car is comp insured with the RAA. shannons quoted the dearest for this one.

and the yellow rolla below is with the RAA too $60 per year 3rd party

Edited by KE30_KE35_KE55

I spoke to Just Cars years ago to get a quote and see if they could better Shannons prices. They quoted me over $1000 for Full Comp on a 4K Corolla. I hung up and never bothered with them again.

I'm hoping it was a mistake on their behalf.....but they had their chance to have my business.

Out of curiosity, what is Just cars charging for Corolla's (whatever mods)? I'm keen to know how they compare these days.

Okay,

yeah I won't be driving this one every day all year round.. perhaps 6 months on and then 6 months off.

I just want someone who will see the value of everything that is there and insure it all.. not just bits n pieces.

I'm going to give Shannons a call and get a quote.

I've thought about historic rego but then u have a limited amount you can drive it and you have to be in a registered car club and fill out a log book etc.. am I right? Rollaclub doesn't class as a registerd car club does it??

Cheers,