Comprehensive Insurance On A Corolla

KJ's Rollas

Okay,

yeah I won't be driving this one every day all year round.. perhaps 6 months on and then 6 months off.

I just want someone who will see the value of everything that is there and insure it all.. not just bits n pieces.

I'm going to give Shannons a call and get a quote.

I've thought about historic rego but then u have a limited amount you can drive it and you have to be in a registered car club and fill out a log book etc.. am I right? Rollaclub doesn't class as a registerd car club does it??

Cheers,

KJ :-)

rollaclub is not endorsed.

the alloys would have to be of the era for historic registration as well.

I would have the yellow rolla below on historic registration but its on dedicated LPG that is not allowed either, $109.00 for 12 mounths rego is nice.

If i had the yellow rolla on historic the comprehesive premiums would be about the same as the 3rd party i pay now.

Edited by KE30_KE35_KE55

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to Just Cars years ago to get a quote and see if they could better Shannons prices. They quoted me over $1000 for Full Comp on a 4K Corolla. I hung up and never bothered with them again.

I'm hoping it was a mistake on their behalf.....but they had their chance to have my business.

Out of curiosity, what is Just cars charging for Corolla's (whatever mods)? I'm keen to know how they compare these days.

umm, 438 i think it was for 3rd party fire and theft on the 1g rolla

and a 1164 for an agreeed value of 12K

Your just gonna have to bend over and take it until you are over 25 and rating one for life.

Third party, fire and theft is all I would get on a rolla unless my car was extremely unique, or under finance. If it were extremely unique Id consult a broker for the best insurance. I have third party fire and theft on the red car, which was only around 230 dollars a year and has my engine conversion, coilovers, ecu and future big brakes covered. Its nice to have a never at fault driving record, and to now be finally over 25.

mm, my ute isnt insured at all, which i know is bad, but everytime i seem to have some disposal income i end up allocating it to something on the corolla which isnt registered anymore anyway.

ill get round to getting some insurance for the ute soon...its not my ute i worry about lol, it doesnt look like ud pay 15K for it coz i don't wash it, and i damaged it a little 4wding, but when it hits something, it does damage lol.

anyway, back on topic :dance:

mm, my ute isnt insured at all, which i know is bad, but everytime i seem to have some disposal income i end up allocating it to something on the corolla which isnt registered anymore anyway.

ill get round to getting some insurance for the ute soon...its not my ute i worry about lol, it doesnt look like ud pay 15K for it coz i don't wash it, and i damaged it a little 4wding, but when it hits something, it does damage lol.

anyway, back on topic :dance:

You had best get some insurance.

my brothers 4 year old hilux burnt to the ground in a national park, his insurance had ran out weeks before and he forgot. then to top it off the national park told him to remove the car and if he didn't they would and then send him the bill.

cgu aren't too bad. my ke16 is $280 for full comp with ~$2400 agreed value. thats for 24 years old as well.

my 911SC i had to get through Just Cars cos noone would touch it at $1250. Shannons might have done it, but they would have needed a bit of convincing. I'm gonna put that onto historic reg and weekend use rego this year to cut the costs hahaha.

Is it really only 109 for 12 months in SA?

and seriously Love ke70, insure you're car - sure you might drive safe and have never had an accident etc, but thats exactly what the old fool who ran up the back of my hilux said in April. He's lucky he hit my traytop not a flash car.

QUOTE** cgu aren't too bad. my ke16 is $280 for full comp with ~$2400 agreed value. thats for 24 years old as well. UNQUOTE**

Well I haven't tried CGU but if they are like any of the other companies, they won't insure the car if the stereo is worth more than 10% of the cars value.

I was going to go through an insurance broker, save me the paperwork and headaches, but not I can't find one round here that deals with Shannons or Just Cars Insurance!

It just seems to get more and more complicated! lol

KJ :-)