December 29, 200718 yr comment_217200 Hi, Now in my HUGE collection of starter motors I have this one below on the right: Now these are both BOSCH early model starter motors. But notice the front section on the right one is longer more casting ribs and different solenoid housing casting. Is the one on the right a reduction drive starter motor? Does anyone have a picture of a reduction gear starter motor? Also the one on the right is a fair amount heavier. Cheers Cameron Report
December 29, 200718 yr Author comment_217202 HAHAH sorry better add this Trev. It is a corolla starter fits a corolla. Dads torana starter motors are slightly different do look similar but wont quite fit. Cameron Report
December 29, 200718 yr comment_217203 HAHAH sorry better add this Trev. It is a corolla starter fits a corolla. Dads torana starter motors are slightly different do look similar but wont quite fit. Cameron Ok, I thought you were asking what it was in general not what corolla it was off, Just looks alot like a a VB-K 6cyl starter but i also don't have one infront of me to look at. Report
December 29, 200718 yr comment_217204 I've had all sorts of different size starters on the many corollas I have had.... Reduction drive starter will be a completely different shape, and will be light Report
December 29, 200718 yr comment_217205 I've got a 5K reduction gear starter and its not one of those :dance: Report
December 29, 200718 yr comment_217206 I've got a 5K reduction gear starter and its not one of those :dance: How much was it? Report
December 30, 200718 yr comment_217223 here's ravens reduction cam.... http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...mp;hl=reduction Report
December 30, 200718 yr comment_217225 That what be the one. I just couldn't be bothered going searching for it lol :dance: Report
December 30, 200718 yr comment_217233 One on the right looks like a 4A-C / 4A-FE starter to me.. Can you read the numbers off it at all? Left one looks like a 4K-C starter.. Reduction starters don't have the external solenoid, They have a plunger inside them.. Report
December 30, 200718 yr comment_217251 One on the right looks like a 4A-C / 4A-FE starter to me.. Can you read the numbers off it at all? Left one looks like a 4K-C starter.. Reduction starters don't have the external solenoid, They have a plunger inside them.. The ae71 starter i have looks nothing like the one on the right but the one in the ae82 seca looks similar, Both are 4ac autos. Edited December 30, 200718 yr by Trev Report
December 30, 200718 yr comment_217349 Yep, AE82 would be my opinion. They are similiar size, but bulkier and a bit heavier. Report
December 30, 200718 yr Author comment_217351 Thanks for the reply s. I haven't yet got numbers off the side of it but I will ASAP. But just a note. Tried it in my car today as this starter was found in the mystery box of my parts and it fitted the KE15....So if it say is a 4ac or AE82 starter then hey they might then fit old KE to. But well lookinto that more soon. Cameron Report
December 30, 200718 yr comment_217352 Thanks for the reply s. I haven't yet got numbers off the side of it but I will ASAP. But just a note. Tried it in my car today as this starter was found in the mystery box of my parts and it fitted the KE15....So if it say is a 4ac or AE82 starter then hey they might then fit old KE to. But well lookinto that more soon. Cameron Hmm interesting thought. :dance: I have a few AE82 starters lying around, was going to scrap them :bash: , maybe i will wait and see Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now