Ae71 Track Car Project

fusion

Finally bothered to read the first post :D If you're going EFI and supercharged and a rebuild, sell this good 2TG for good scratch and then buy a blown one for peanuts and rebuild that. Hell take a trip to U-Pull-it and grab yourself a 3T crank (there are 2 TE72's at the south yard) and a set of 3T pistons to get 1770cc (or buy 89mm wiseco's to get 2L) and do it properly.

Cheers

Jordan

P.S: why not go turbo since you're going EFI?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well first it was just a supercharger, but than Fishers old man suggested we also take the route of EFI. Alot of the engine rebuild will be left to the old man as he has alot more knowledge in these matters than we do.

Also it was firstly going to be a SC-14, but now it looks like it might be an Eaton SC. So, like alot of things in this business it seems, the engine build won't be finalized till its actually done :)

Started taking out the floor tar today . . . lovely job that is :D

Edited by fusion

Just a small Update,

This is the progress of about 2 - 3 hours worth of fusion sitting in the corolla with a razor blade and a heat gun.

DSC00223.jpg

Drivers Side

DSC00224.jpg

Centre Console Area

DSC00222.jpg

Passenger side.

Will start on the back soon, we just need a solid weekend on it :hmm:

Anyone who can suggest an easyer method than the one we are currently using would be greatly appreciated> (of course we don't mind doing it this way, Its just a long and tiering process

Fisher

Man the feeling you get after smoking tar . . . its not healthy I tell ya :hmm:

O and the car will be sent away to the Auto Electrician for stripping and custom electronics. That should help a bit :2thumbs:

Edited by fusion

I have only gotten around to removing some of my sound deadening out of my AE71, I used a hammer and chisel and chipped away at mine. Not using a heat gun and doesnt take too long to do. I got the LH rear bit done in about 1.5 hrs.

I decided on doing it this way as i just got bored and started picking at it with a screwdriver, then decided on a hammer and chisel.

Car looks good, Will be a quick little track car when your done.

Ive just read this thread, I have built a supercharged 2tgeu with a sc12 supercharger, made 9psi boost with a huge intercooler,But no where near 131kw at the wheels, it was more like 90kw at the wheels with 9psi.

the sc14 or eaton it should go well as it will flow more air, maybe a little harder to mount.

post-103-1201088936_thumb.jpg

post-103-1201088950_thumb.jpg

Just a small Update,

A few hours worth of work done by Fusion and I this evening.

DSC00231.jpg

Passenger Side and Center thingy

DSC00232.jpg

Passenger Rear

DSC00233.jpg

Passenger Middle (what the Seat sits on)

DSC00234.jpg

Drivers side

DSC00235.jpg

Passenger front

And this is all of the dash and center console peices jammed in my boot along with the airconditioning unit and spare tire :)

DSC00236.jpg

And The Navara Ute that ive been driving around for that last week, whilst waiting to get the Celica into workshop to get the timing chain changed :dance:

DSC00238.jpg

Take it easy :bash:

Fisher