Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:fuzz: I couldn't help myself.

I'm currently trying to get rid of my old SSRs. A mate of a mate is keen on them, but I don't think he'll go through with the sale. I'll be posting a for sale thread for them if they don't sell.

The new pair of meshies was a bit over $600 delivered if I remember correctly. They were purchased at the same price as the Hoshino in Japanese Yen, but with the current exchange rates, they're nearly $200 more expensive. :cool:

Good thing you bumped my thread as well. I've cleaned up my loom, sprayed my new wheels black and have taken some photos. Wasn't going to post them up to be honest, but since my thread is already on page one, why not.. :cool:

Engine bay before and after,

finalstage014te2.jpg

220509002.jpg

Here are some pics of the wheels, camber and car,

220509009.jpg

220509004.jpg

220509006.jpg

220509011.jpg

220509008.jpg

220509013.jpg

Feels like I post too many pictures, I hope you enjoy them. :D

Edit: If you can't see what I've done to the loom, just take a look at the wiring on the firewall. My brother and I just chopped things off that wasn't needed.

Edited by adam-__-

Looks bloody nice man! Definitely good choice on the new wheels, fit perfectly. :D

Just wondering how you went with clearance at the bottom of the front wheel arches (Strategically placed red circle).

post-2858-1242979353_thumb.jpg

I have like 3 mm clearance when I turn and that is with little caster. Was wondering if you cut them to allow the max caster adjustment with out and rubbing. Just with my new shoes I am having a fair bit of trouble with scrubbing and trying to find out what to do about it :fuzz:

Also, I think leave height as it is at the moment. Any lower will probably be a pain in the arse and cause (more) 5-0 attention. Though, either way, still will look tops.

I noticed you had your wheels fitted and they look good! A nice streeter ride height and poke.

As for guard clearance and castor... umm you can kinda see my front guard is f@$ked. hahaha I'm running AE86 camber tops which reduce castor and when I adjusted my castor rods (back to as close to standard as possible), the wheels rubbed my guard pretty bad.

I first pulled/pumped the guard out a little by loosening a few bolts here and there which hold that area on and it seemed 'enough' till I drove and the tyres pulled/pushed the guards and caused all those dents you see. I've since then just hammered it out roughly, there was no chance of saving the guard after a drive. Both sides are gone. :fuzz:

Edit: I think the only way around it is to actually cut the guard. I wasn't game enough. :D

Edited by adam-__-

I noticed you had your wheels fitted and they look good! A nice streeter ride height and poke.

As for guard clearance and castor... umm you can kinda see my front guard is f@$ked. hahaha I'm running AE86 camber tops which reduce castor and when I adjusted my castor rods (back to as close to standard as possible), the wheels rubbed my guard pretty bad.

I first pulled/pumped the guard out a little by loosening a few bolts here and there which hold that area on and it seemed 'enough' till I drove and the tyres pulled/pushed the guards and caused all those dents you see. I've since then just hammered it out roughly, there was no chance of saving the guard after a drive. Both sides are gone. :fuzz:

Edit: I think the only way around it is to actually cut the guard. I wasn't game enough. :D

Haha yeah I wasn't sure if they were just pulled or had a bit of angle grinder love on them. :cool: I might just try pry them out or something much like yours, and hope for the best. There's some other rubbing going on under there to sort out aswell... But yeah I Have 86 tops too but yet to have a proper wheel alignment done so no idea how much caster has been lost.

Guard cutting is last resort :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

with that front edge on the guard issue......I just flared it out with the whole arch, looks ok but I'm not sure how it will line up with the madhouse lip when its on so i'm planning on folding them up inside or at worst cutting them to line up.

heres a pic of how it is now

P1020240.jpg

Edited by e70driftpig

with that front edge on the guard issue......I just flared it out with the whole arch, looks ok but I'm not sure how it will line up with the madhouse lip when its on so i'm planning on folding them up inside or at worst cutting them to line up.

heres a pic of how it is now

*snip*

I personally think for someone to pull the Madhouse lip off, the guard needs to be cut and for it to line up (the angle to line up) with the lip. The angle of the arch needs to continue down to the end of the lip.

I'll get a few pictures up illustrating what I mean. I don't think what I wrote above makes sense.

i would just like to say, you have one mad ke7o and i really enjoyed your build thread, read pretty much all of haha, good job :hmm:

Thanks mate. Would've been a long read! But I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers

Edit: Alright lets compare Grants AE71,

016.jpg

His guard is cut and the line of the arch flows down with the lip. In my opinion looks good.

Here's another example of a car with a madhouse/madhouse style lip, but without cutting of matching the arch curve with the lip,

077gld.jpg

The guards aren't cut to flow with the lip's angle, still looks good but I personally think it'll look better cut. Most people probably don't even notice it, but I'm a picky bastard sometimes. :rolla:

Edited by adam-__-

I personally think for someone to pull the Madhouse lip off, the guard needs to be cut and for it to line up (the angle to line up) with the lip. The angle of the arch needs to continue down to the end of the lip.

I'll get a few pictures up illustrating what I mean. I don't think what I wrote above makes sense.

Thanks mate. Would've been a long read! But I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers

Edit: Alright lets compare Grants AE71,

016.jpg

His guard is cut and the line of the arch flows down with the lip. In my opinion looks good.

Here's another example of a car with a madhouse/madhouse style lip, but without cutting of matching the arch curve with the lip,

077gld.jpg

The guards aren't cut to flow with the lip's angle, still looks good but I personally think it'll look better cut. Most people probably don't even notice it, but I'm a picky bastard sometimes. :bash:

I would have to say go for the top one looks much sexier :y: haha, and looks more apart of the car rather than being whacked on.

haha,that red car is one of the cars iv'e been looking at.....thats exactly how i want mine to flow through with the lip!

I didn't think it would of looked rite on there the way it is now.

And yeah......I actually didn't say anything in my first post......But this thing is sick! Love your work!

but i didn't need to say it did i?

you built/own it so you already know! hahaha

josh

I would have to say go for the top one looks much sexier :y: haha, and looks more apart of the car rather than being whacked on.

Yeah, I wasn't really a fan of the madhouse lips, but since seeing Grant's car, I think I know why I've never liked it and it's because most others didn't trim the guard to match the angle of the lip.

haha,that red car is one of the cars iv'e been looking at.....thats exactly how i want mine to flow through with the lip!

I didn't think it would of looked rite on there the way it is now.

And yeah......I actually didn't say anything in my first post......But this thing is sick! Love your work!

but i didn't need to say it did i?

you built/own it so you already know! hahaha

josh

hahaha Thanks mate. Your ride isn't too bad either, I just haven't posted in it yet cause I don't have anything worthy to say!

And the part about not needing to say it, I don't know man. I see the opposite, because it's my car, it's never perfect. haha People keep telling me to leave it as is cause it's enough and looks/goes good, I keep thinking that there's something missing..

What if you do something like this and put the mahouse lip on

post-4132-1243763367_thumb.jpg

I don't know if it will work but I think it looks mad tho.

I think you'll still need to chop the guard. :bash:

you'll find most guys that are running larger wheels like yourself will cut the edge piece of the guard so that there is no scrub (obvious) but also allowing for more caster which most people tend to max out on ke's

oh and your car looks gd by the way ;)