Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

R35 Gt-r In Australia!!!

Featured Replies

  • Author
i thought that they may have used a different crank for the gtr giving it its bigger displacement but used the same blocks to keep costs down. i may well be wrong through.

I don't think there are many similarities between the VR38 and VQ35, if any. One of the big things about the VR38DETT is that there are no aluminium or steel cylinder liners. Instead there is just a 1.5mm thick sprayed-on plasma coating. Apparently this is to keep weight down, but it would have to mean that the cylinders can't be rebored, so if the block gets damaged, you'd have to get a new block. I suppose if someone can afford an R35, and can afford to modify it, they can afford a replacement block.

pretty crazy stuff. machine shops wont be getting any buisness of these weapons lol

theyll probably end up getting alot of business out of these motors. opening the bore out and sleeving it, then making pistons to suit....

maybe I'm wrong, but i think itll happen.

  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah... until Cloverfield came out the other day there was some speculation that the GTR was in fact the monster...

 

I like it though.

I'm going to Japan in a few weeks, I'm going to find one and rub myself on it inappropriately. :thumbsup:

Just in case your in the market for one yourself......

 

Linky

I'm going to Japan in a few weeks, I'm going to find one and rub myself on it inappropriately. :thumbsup:

 

I on the other hand would rub my ass all over it after i have done a crap and not wiped.

Apologies to anyone who likes that thing, but MY GOD IT'S UGLY....... :thumbsup:

 

They took a 350Z that had been driven into a wall and got Shrek to shag it from the looks of things........

 

I will give Nissan some credit, they finally did something to make that V6 seem like one of theirs, I'll be interested to see how long they hold together under some abusive driving conditions.........Go the French van engine!

 

I noticed on the spec sheets that it has tyres nearly as wide as a Dodge Viper....... I'm not all that surprised, with all that weight from all those useless electronic gizmo's in it, it should understeer like a bastard entering corners.......... (unless they've done a Mitsubishi and used the electronic gizmo's to make the car go quicker than it ever should) FFS, why not RWD with half the gizmo's? They're just saying "we can build a bigger, more powerful EVO, it can't corner, but it GOES FASTER!) The modern revival of old school muscle.

 

What's the bet on a power pole wraparound by a P plater 3 months after official Australian release? "I just wanted to take dads car around the block"

I think you'll find the wide tyres are quite necessary, and understeer virtually eliminated, due to the rear mounted transaxle.

 

I find the 'visual' conjecture quite amusing, on this forum and others.... you have to remember, its not really a daily driver. Its a $150k plus supercar... its been built with the primary purpose of going stupidly fast, not pick up the groceries. For mine, I reckon if I was going to drop a lazy 150 large on a high performance car, I'd be rather miffed if it had conservative styling. Form follows function after all...

For that, and a few other reasons, I think its bloody stunning....

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.