R35 Gt-r In Australia!!!

ancullen

i thought that they may have used a different crank for the gtr giving it its bigger displacement but used the same blocks to keep costs down. i may well be wrong through.

I don't think there are many similarities between the VR38 and VQ35, if any. One of the big things about the VR38DETT is that there are no aluminium or steel cylinder liners. Instead there is just a 1.5mm thick sprayed-on plasma coating. Apparently this is to keep weight down, but it would have to mean that the cylinders can't be rebored, so if the block gets damaged, you'd have to get a new block. I suppose if someone can afford an R35, and can afford to modify it, they can afford a replacement block.

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies to anyone who likes that thing, but MY GOD IT'S UGLY....... :thumbsup:

They took a 350Z that had been driven into a wall and got Shrek to shag it from the looks of things........

I will give Nissan some credit, they finally did something to make that V6 seem like one of theirs, I'll be interested to see how long they hold together under some abusive driving conditions.........Go the French van engine!

I noticed on the spec sheets that it has tyres nearly as wide as a Dodge Viper....... I'm not all that surprised, with all that weight from all those useless electronic gizmo's in it, it should understeer like a bastard entering corners.......... (unless they've done a Mitsubishi and used the electronic gizmo's to make the car go quicker than it ever should) FFS, why not RWD with half the gizmo's? They're just saying "we can build a bigger, more powerful EVO, it can't corner, but it GOES FASTER!) The modern revival of old school muscle.

What's the bet on a power pole wraparound by a P plater 3 months after official Australian release? "I just wanted to take dads car around the block"

I think you'll find the wide tyres are quite necessary, and understeer virtually eliminated, due to the rear mounted transaxle.

I find the 'visual' conjecture quite amusing, on this forum and others.... you have to remember, its not really a daily driver. Its a $150k plus supercar... its been built with the primary purpose of going stupidly fast, not pick up the groceries. For mine, I reckon if I was going to drop a lazy 150 large on a high performance car, I'd be rather miffed if it had conservative styling. Form follows function after all...

For that, and a few other reasons, I think its bloody stunning....