Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

  • Author

Bloody F@#$ top hose blew yeterday! All fixed, but now she's smoking :'(

Will put thru some Chemiweld.

smoking or steaming!? Is it white and dissapears quite quickly!?

 

You might have blown a head gasket, getting it too hot when the hose blew.

 

Check oil, water and 710 cap for "mayonaise syndrome" jizz under the cap. :'(

 

Don't stress too much if it is though, I fix blow HG's on my cars for under $100 :lol:

  • Author

Nah, smoke, but not much and only under excelleration. No oil in water, probably just gasket, but sux after just rebuilding head and replacing gasket. And yes, I know I deserve it for not changing hoses, I was planning to but never found anywhere that had them.

Not qood, hopefully it is a simple cheap fix.

 

For hoses use ke30 ones. Trim the top one to suit. On the bottom one I cut it in two taking out a bit, and join with a piece of pipe and a couple of extra hose clamps.... Sort of a weird explanation, but if you have a ke10 and a ke30 bottom hose side by side you'll understand.

  • Author

I brought what were supposedly KE10 hoses and had to cut the top one down about 30mm!!

Havent tried the bottom one yet...

  • Author

Was ready to scrap the car yesterday!!

Decided to drain the rad before changing the bottom hose. But as I'm completely new to this mechanic stuff, I didn't know the drain plug thing is just for show. I tried to undo it and the whole thing moved around the solder and started to leak! So I had to take the radiator out for a third time, took it over to my father-in-law's (my "I've fuked it, can you please fix it?" guy) and he soldered it back up.

 

Other than that, the bottom hose, unlike the top, was a perfect fit, and easy to get on with the rad unbolted.

 

I'm now trying to find somewhere to do me a Rat Fink style drawing for behind my front wheel arches :P

I'm now trying to find somewhere to do me a Rat Fink style drawing for behind my front wheel arches 07-nyahnyah.gif

 

Won't quite fit in with the style of the rims and stripes methinks. :P

 

Maybe you should paint it suede black with some faux patina, buy a mack brush to do some pinstriping, add flappers and moondiscs. On the inside a set of mexican blankets, an 8 ball on an extended shift lever, with a tiki hanging off the rear view mirror. While you're at it add a set of half moons to your headlights, and some blue dots to your tail lights. Don't forget skull door locks and a set of dice valve caps. Lakes pipes would really set it all off and go with a Rat Fink graphic nicely.

 

Edit: I told the missus about this and she said you'd need a set of iron cross mirrors, or peep mirrors with visors.

Edited by Felix

  • Author

I'm starting to think you didn't like the graphic idea?? :P

 

Here's one I was considering:

japan.gif

 

or this one?:

genuine_stolen_parts_ed_roth_63.jpg

  • Author

Get rims fitted Saturday!!

 

Also, am now going bare metal with my respray in 3 weeks!

  • Author

Had trial fitment yesterday arvo :P

Rims look shit hot!!! I couldn't stop grinning like a fool.

LOOKING GREAT can't wait to see this all painted up

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.