Which Model Xe7x Is Better?

shakes

Buying a ke70/ae71 for a daily for a little while with plan's of a 20v conversion down the track.

I know the ke need's the ae x-members, clutch etc for the swap.

what other little difference's will there be suspension wise diff wise etc? when I go to nicer struts, brakes, steering and whatnot does one have better setup brakets or stuff that needs to be fabbed down the track that will catch me out?

any years better than another for this regard?

Cheer's

Simon

(ps on the hunt for a car too!)

edit: title

Edited by shakes

Members dont see this ad

get the last of the ae71's fitted with a 4ac and 5 speed. then you will have the right crossmember and gearbox for the job.

rust places? they rust anywhere and everywhere. check fuel filler recess, around bootlid, roof around the C pillars, doors, rear of front fenders, behind rear wheels, bootlid etc etc.

AE71s, KE70s, AE86s, TE71, TE72, TE70, AE70, etc all have incredibly similar/same floorpans. I would say the parts are interchangeable in most cases, but not the same.

Most people opt for AE86 struts, due to the decent diameter and availability, as well as the availability of performance parts.

The rears don't need much work, maybe a swaybar and shorter springs and shocks, more or less the same across the board.

Most people try to fit a T18 (TE72) diff as they are T series and are a good bolt in upgade.

If you want negative camber, then use Either Corona XT130 Lower control arms for -1.5 drgrees. or sigma arms, 3-4 degrees. I'm unsure of the sigma model you need to raid.