T Motor Into Ke1*

flat out

g'day all, just wondering if any one has any pictures of a t motor in a ke1*, I'm doing this conversion soon and need to know what i have to modify and things like that,

i have done a 2tc into a ke55 and it was a breeze, i understand that a ke11 will be allot harder but it has been done, but unfortunately there isn't much floating around that i could find with the search function.

before you flame me, i would rather go 4age but they are just to hard to come buy and i have all the t motor parts here to do the conversion.

this car will have upgraded brakes and axles so as i can have it engineered and registered.

all and any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks casey

Members dont see this ad
if you use a KE40 or later exhaust side engine mount it will stand a K motor up in a KE1X as they are a bit bigger. So yes old school KE mounts different

don't GO 4age.lol

Cameron

i have always wondered this too.. wether id be able to get a 18RG / 2T or 3T into the ke11 with carb set-up of efi.. anybody know if this has been done before ?

I'm running a 3tc+t50 in my LHD KE17.

You will have to cut a new hole for the shifter as well as relocate the transmission crossmember back about 4.5". The tunnel had to be beaten a bit to fit to fit the tranny

I used the whole front suspension/steering gear and rear end from a te21, which increased my track by about 1" (also givign me 4x114.3 bolt pattern and the option of ae86 brakes), and put the motor in exactly the right place. I guess t-series cars are quite rare in Aus so you might be better off welding your own mounts together on a k crossmember. With the wider track I could still fit a 13x6 with +25 offset with the fender beads rolled.

On a RHD drive car you might have issues with the brake booster if you want to run sidedraughts, I get off easy with LHD! For a rad I used a te21 unit which might be the same as a KE20. To clear the rad you need a short nose water pump and a thin metal fan bolted onto that, theres no room for electric. Battery relocated to the boot.

It's a tight fit but it looks like it was made to be there. I love the 2t/3t, they put out tons of torque compared to k or a series motors, and they are really robust. My car is a little more front heavy now but the torque makes up for it, its like driving a muscle car.

Theres no way you're going to fit an R series motor in there, it would stick out past the hood lol plus its way too heavy. Might as well put a v6 in it.

img0108fp4.jpg

img0107mz4.jpg

img0090ym8.jpg