About Damn Time

4ages

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Ok so I don't have any pictures as of yet, don't need my mug working on me car. But today is the day the first ever AE82 was fit with K-Sport coil overs in Aust. like a guinea pig if you would, but so far so good. A little bit of mods (as they haven't been tested on Ae82 chassis) and the backs were in, and soon after the front. The only thing I can find so far is the plates I had gotten made up were slightly wrong when they were machined they forgot to flip them correctly so I have two of the same plates. but meh I'll get it sussed then pics will arrive.

Great job with the beast man, Sorry to change the subject from springs and coils to Paint but did you respray the car green after you bought it or did you buy it like that?

He painted it, He has had this corolla for a very long time, It was his 1st car and he is now 28, It was originally blue/purple (can't remember) and it had a zorba sticker on it and a 4ac :yes:

Edited by Trev

Thanks Jon, yeah had the car since1997 pulled out the 4ac with 365xxxkms STILL running. Wacked in the 2 cam and been up and on from there, was blue then purple now green. Other than a few more things like brakes and carpet not much more to do other than power upgrades.

Whats with the photo of the burned out looking engine bay? Did I miss something?

Get some degreaser man.

Yeah you did, it's a daily driver. And thats how I got it back from the mechanics, but it is on the mend I assure you. More something is the lack of time with 6 days a week of shift work, no sapre car and not a great deal of spare cash to throw into it..Is that a bit clearer?

edit: and the slack ass who drives it didn't clean up the blown head gasket mess and paint the covers, lol.

Edited by 4ages

Yeah you did, it's a daily driver. And thats how I got it back from the mechanics, but it is on the mend I assure you. More something is the lack of time with 6 days a week of shift work, no sapre car and not a great deal of spare cash to throw into it..Is that a bit clearer?

edit: and the slack ass who drives it didn't clean up the blown head gasket mess and paint the covers, lol.

Mystery solved. Ill hook you up with a can of degreaser one day. :yes:

• 3 months later...

:bash: Update, new parts new parts..

cv's

rack ends and boots

tie rods

wheel bearings

extractors

cat

WOOT!!!111's

So far so good, couple of little hic-ups but still getting finished. Wrong cv's but sorted, three different part numbered rack ends, turns out camry ones fitted, bushes not to mechanics likings, sorted, and just the set up to go. I just want something that will handle better not like mad, so I have decided to have a play with -1 deg all round. I spent 6 hrs Friday morning getting things sorted but all good. And the exhaust now sounds sweet but still fresh so it may change as I drive it more. But atm happy as..

:bash: Update, new parts new parts..

cv's

rack ends and boots

tie rods

wheel bearings

extractors

cat

WOOT!!!111's

So far so good, couple of little hic-ups but still getting finished. Wrong cv's but sorted, three different part numbered rack ends, turns out camry ones fitted, bushes not to mechanics likings, sorted, and just the set up to go. I just want something that will handle better not like mad, so I have decided to have a play with -1 deg all round. I spent 6 hrs Friday morning getting things sorted but all good. And the exhaust now sounds sweet but still fresh so it may change as I drive it more. But atm happy as..

How much did the coilovers cost you?

• 4 weeks later...