Need To Know How To Turbo My Rolla

VLt

Members dont see this ad

haha we went through this on here with me a few months ago. I still want to do it but I don't have the money.

First thing you will need is a 4K head. 3K head on a 4K increases the compression ratio to 10.5:1 (swoit!) however going the other way (4K head on a 3K) you will lower your CR to something along the lines of 7:1. Not exactly sure what CR you would get.

You would probably want to port and flow the head (ugh expensive).

Alternativly you can take a 3K-B (bigport) head (not so easy to find) and use low compression (dished) pistons to lower the compression ratio. You will have to change the pistons either way. If you couldnt find Dished pistons then just make up a spacer to put the head further from the block. don't forget if you do this you will need to find longer pushrods most likely.

Pistons. Well you will NEED forgies. For a 3K engine I'm told theyre worth a bit over $1000. OUCH. Well there goes the budget. You may be able to find pistons from another engine. But in doing this you will have to see what your compression ratio is changed to! eek

You will need a carby that will be able to take boost and a fuel pump that will be able to flow enough.

Hardend valve springs are a MUST.

You will probably want to get a custom intake manafold done up otherwise your going to have a weak link on the intake side of things!

Custom turbo manafold and a 2.5 or 3" exhaust

theres bound to be some stuff ive missed (i.e. drive train) but anyway

Get it blue plated and off you go!!

:blinks: have fun

• 2 months later...

prolly about the same specs as what my 5K will end up like after i'm finished with it......only with a bigger bore size. i wont have any of the brand name stuff on it like hes got though.....ACL rebuild kit for me instead.

• 3 weeks later...
Pistons. Well you will NEED forgies. For a 3K engine I'm told theyre worth a bit over $1000. OUCH.

rubbish, you "need" forgies like you "need" a hole in the head. k motors are budget, just use standard pistons. but yes, custom wiseco forgies will set you back $1000... us dollars

you'd be better to have a look thru a motorbike forged piston catalog and find something to match. bore 75-77mm (maybe 79 if you like rebuilding motors alot), piston pin height about 36mm, and can be changed to accept 18mm gudgeon pin. then bore the block to suit the pistons. larger pistons will increase compresssion ratio

i have a mate who had a T2 and drawthru SU manifold setup, he used to bolt it onto stock wrecker motor 3Ks and run 6psi all day no worries, 8psi occasionally when racing stuff. eventually he wound it up to 10psi and kept throwing legs out of bed

you don't need to setup a turbo motor as insanely as you think, you just limit the boost you can run. use a 3k bottom end with flat pistons (cheap and easy to replace) and port a stock 4k-c head to lower compression, but cut into the squish area as little as possible. don't do anything stupid like double up head gaskets or run a spacer plate or copper head gasket. take your cam into a cam shop, say you want a stock grind with like 400 thou lift and really quick ramp rates. i reckon you could run half a bar all day with a setup like that

Pistons. Well you will NEED forgies. For a 3K engine I'm told theyre worth a bit over $1000. OUCH.

rubbish, you "need" forgies like you "need" a hole in the head. k motors are budget, just use standard pistons. but yes, custom wiseco forgies will set you back $1000... us dollars

well dead shit danny will need em...I can see some fool trying to run 15psi on a hot day