Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Engine Stalls

Featured Replies

check your radiator for water. If its empty you may have cooked it when you ran it without oil.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Nah that's just it, it's completely full.. has been since I bought it hey. I bought it a couple of months ago as well... and the car doesn't seem to overheat at all; it's always in a normal range. I'll post what was wrong with it tomorrow night after I'm back from the mechanic.

  • Author

Ok so I took it to my mechanic and he said that the timing was advanced by 2 degrees. He fixed that and checked all the hoses and pipes etc. going to the carby and crimped them to see if anything changed but it was all fine. The spark plugs or whatever were all fine. We did a compression test I think it's called with a little gauge that had some kind of meter on it. One cylinder was down by like 35 psi and he said it's bad but not to worry about it because it's not worth spending ~$1k to get fixed. He put the idle up a bit to help stop the chugging and sprayed some carby cleaner into the carby and it seemed to run a bit better.. I think that's all he did. It's not stalling anymore though which is good.

 

Thanks for your suggestions guys. :hmm:

2* wouldnt make f@$k all difference.

doesnt sound like he did much at all...

  • Author

He said it wouldn't make much of a difference. I saw everything he did and he told me at as he was going that everything is in really good condition and that the main cause for the chuggy idol would be the 35psi thing so he didn't need to do much and I don't wanna pay $$$ to get that issue fixed. He is a bloody good mechanic so I trust him.

  • Author

30 dollars exactly. :sob:

 

Like I've said a few times on this forum, I know not a lot about cars... but this guy does and I can tell because of how we works with them (I've watched what he does each service so far) and the results when I drive back. If he says there's not much I can do beyond fixing the head or whatever the motor inside is called then I believe him. :no2:

haha sounds like your head is f@$ked,

 

i think your motor is on its way out, and as for your mechanic he sounds like a total dickhead.

haha sounds like your head is f@$ked,

 

i think your motor is on its way out, and as for your mechanic he sounds like a total dickhead.

 

 

sounds like your a f@$khead mate, go get an idea and stop tryna to make yourself feel better about how much of a dick you are by putting other people down

sounds like your a f@$khead mate, go get an idea and stop tryna to make yourself feel better about how much of a dick you are by putting other people down

 

who pushed your button.

 

i have got an idea and i am also entitled to my opinion. Which as you can see i displayed in my previous post.

 

Go have a f@$ken cry moron.

well, how do you know its the head thats f@$ked? and not a compression ring cracked, or a scored bore, or any other array of things?

 

why do you think his motor is on its way out and not just aged but still good?

 

i drove a 4k for around a year with a leaking headgasket, and used to scoop the foam off the top of the coolant every so often out of the radiator to make myself feel better. it had a slight lump at idle, but it still drove fine.

 

the mechanic is right, its not worth spending 1K + to rebuild a 4K which is only slightly down on compression in one cylinder.

 

 

 

its obvious this guy doesnt have alot of an idea about whats going on inside that engine of his, so why go scaring him that his motor is on its way out, when really, its just a lump at idle caused by a slightly low compression reading on one cylinder, this does not mean the motor is going to grenade itself. one day, yes

 

but when is anyones guess :sob:

  • Author

Yeah I get persuaded/scared very easily when it comes to cars haha. That's why it's good for someone like me to have a good, trustworthy mechanic (he's not a dickhead, he's a great guy). The engine has been fine since which is good.

Yeah I get persuaded/scared very easily when it comes to cars haha. That's why it's good for someone like me to have a good, trustworthy mechanic (he's not a dickhead, he's a great guy). The engine has been fine since which is good.

 

 

Honestly, $30 is a bargain for half an hour of a mechanics day.

 

don't worry about the old 4k. Keep the fuel, oil, water and spark up to it and it will last a million miles, in any condition.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.