All Japanese Day - Adelaide, Sunday 27th April, 08....

Chobis

:hmm: For many many years I have been wanting this to happen. :cool:

All Japanese Day..... Sunday 27th April 2008

Wigley Reserve - Glenelg

10am to 3pm

http://www.alljapanday.com.au/

This is a new event in Adelaide so it won't last without our support. Only $10 to enter. Check the link above. All you need to do is click "Apply Here" and then fill in your details. Get on it people !!!!!

Edited by Raven

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so they should be. anyone with a personal loan can get a silvia or a skyline from their nearest car yard, but only someone with the love for a car will attempt to make an old car whoop their ass. give it 6 months to a year and ill be fuel injected c18 sr20 or rb26 turbo, painted red with mags just like my piccy, new shocks, springs, power steering, air sonditioning, bucket seats and roll cage, re trimmed, new carpet and ill take that over any one of there cars anyday..... I'm thinking ten grandish. EASY.

hrmmm AE71 with a fresh paint job and cut coils, maybe even give the alloys a polish.

would they frown apon an entry like that ?

or looking for mostly really really clean cars not thinking of going to hard core with the daily?

They're looking for everything... but vehicles that are 'clean' will be given preference... ie: Restored to original or tastefully modified, racing reproductions etc etc...

Which isn't to say joe bloggs can't enter his KE70 with an SR jammed into it, but it'd wanna be a very nice one :hmm:

Drift pigs and/or wannabe drift pigs (I painted the bonnet on my 4k ke70 black and cut the springs) probably won't get much love, full house, properly set up track weapons may get a showing though.

Everything Gavclassic owns is eligible. :cool:

all i can say is try and apply. currently my cars basic as, engine bay houses a 5K controlled by 4 on the floor. recently put in a diff out of an auto($150). picked up the mags for $200 without tyres off an old tarago, just got retreads to get me by!. had my muffler sitting gathering dust so got D+T to fit it as cheap as possible (2 inch from the resonator back) and the bodys pretty clean.

I'm still paying off my 96 magna 5 speed that i put through a fence into a ford maverick 4WD without insurance :hmm: so untill thats payed off not much will change.

I'm just trying my luck and if invited keeping the engine bay shut!!!!! :hmm: :cool:

We could hold hold our own "runners up" drive-by cruise in all the cars like my 70 which wouldn't get in but still look great...

Regardless it should be a fun day...hope that red 20 Valve KE11 is there...drool

I agree with leorolla1975. If you are even considering applying, then just do it. The worst can happen is they knock you back. It would be so great to see lotsa old skoolers there though. I certainly hope to be there. I was in the Toyoshow earlier this year and was very disappointed that there was only one KE20 and one KE11 there. Nothing else 60's or early 70's which was a shame because I know there are a lot of real cool 10's, 11's, 20's etc in Adelaide. Some of you guys on this forum have them so I am hoping to see you all at this event.

Here is the 11 that TOM mentioned. Real nice car.

080203Toyoshow19.jpg

so they should be. anyone with a personal loan can get a silvia or a skyline from their nearest car yard, but only someone with the love for a car will attempt to make an old car whoop their ass. give it 6 months to a year and ill be fuel injected c18 sr20 or rb26 turbo, painted red with mags just like my piccy, new shocks, springs, power steering, air sonditioning, bucket seats and roll cage, re trimmed, new carpet and ill take that over any one of there cars anyday..... I'm thinking ten grandish. EASY.

hey don't be so harsh...i bought my 33 with cash, plus spent 15k of my own money on it in the right ways, suspension and power. Standard Kit, no bling bling, with track use in mind. Plus i drive a ke70 so it balances it out :sob: Also owned a R31 Silhouette with an rb25det for 5 or so years...

youll see the 33 out on the jap day hopefully, not that you haven't seen a 33 before...tom dick and harry all have em too.

Ryan

post-5074-1205824735_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ryanrb25

hey don't be so harsh...i bought my 33 with cash, plus spent 15k of my own money on it in the right ways, suspension and power. Standard Kit, no bling bling, with track use in mind. Plus i drive a ke70 so it balances it out :no2: Also owned a R31 Silhouette with an rb25det for 5 or so years...

youll see the 33 out on the jap day hopefully, not that you haven't seen a 33 before...tom dick and harry all have em too.

Ryan

that is definetely impressive, don't get me wrong. never mean to offend :sob: