December 27, 200421 yr comment_26319 Hi, Just wondering if you would be able to put a sr20det into a 1978 Toyota Corolla (KE55)??? If so, do you know of anyone who's done it? Ta! Report
December 27, 200421 yr Author comment_26321 Thanks for your reply! Yeah i've seen that it has been done to the KE70's but the engine bay in those are alot bigger than the KE55's. Report
December 28, 200421 yr comment_26343 the difference is in the width, there would be a good... oh... 15cm in it. not exactly massive. ke70 firewall comes down differently to ke3/5 firewall, ke30 extractors won't fit on a ke70 without mods Report
March 2, 200521 yr Author comment_33582 http://www.rollaclub.com/upload make sure filenames don't have any spaces before you upload them Thanks Grimwolge Ok ummm...I hope I'm doing this right! My Rolla! The engine to go in it! Edited March 2, 200521 yr by 78_rolla Report
March 2, 200521 yr Author comment_33588 No...not running air con, that pic is of the engine still in the front cut i got. Builders: My brother in law and his brother (cos i really have no clue!) :D :D $$$: Me Yeah we'll be taking it to the track and yes everything will be upgraded...bigger brakes etc...paint job, the lot! Thanks Report
March 2, 200521 yr Author comment_33597 Well we didn't really think about how things would work out, like the engine actually fitting in the bay etc! I just knew that I wanted to do up a KE55 so we just went straight out and bought one ($500 from a couple of oldies that had it from brand new). Then went and bought a front cut ($3500 from asian auto spares). Apparently the engine has go-fast-bits on it already...I think my bro in law said that the turbo is a better one (can you tell that I have no idea what I'm talking about, does the SR20DET come out with a T25, could mine be a T28 then? hmmmm, I think thats what he said) Our main priority at the moment is modifying the crossmember! I will keep everyone updated...pics and all (now that I know how to do it) :D Report
March 2, 200521 yr comment_33603 O WOW!!! nice sleeper, that thing would move!!!!!! :D do you really need a bigger turbo, lol Report
March 31, 200521 yr comment_37299 T28 is more than enough and will still be driveable and fairly predictable when it comes onto boost. 170 + RW KW shouldn't be too far away :D MAN that is insane amounts of power! That's like 4 or 5 x the factory RW KW ! I can see 12 second passes coming easy ... I think i'm being sensible only puttin a ca18det into a ke30 2 door, you hear about mofos puttin in 2js and crazy 6-cylinder twin turbos and stuff into these rollas. That's a deathwish! 'My lifestyle... determines my deathstyle' \m/ Report
March 31, 200521 yr comment_37303 ($500 from a couple of oldies that had it from brand new). Then went and bought a front cut ($3500 from asian auto spares). BAhahah !! thats awesome ! How would the old people feel if they new there 22 second corolla would soon be a 12 second corolla :dance: Ahh just love how you said - got the car, Then went and bought a front cut - heheheh Great stuff :D Edited March 31, 200521 yr by Teddy Report
March 31, 200521 yr comment_37309 i've got at work at the moment a AE86 with a SR20DET sitting in it, shame the engine is *ucked, huge intercooler on it. engine has NO oil pressure. not good Report
April 1, 200521 yr comment_37425 there's a ke20 in zoom this month with an sr20. stock internals, t3/4, autronic, 1000cc injectors and 2 bosch fuel pumps. 238kw at the wheels, 11.3 seconds that means 12.3 seconds in a ke55, or i can easily get a 12 out of my car with a CA :D Report
April 1, 200521 yr comment_37446 is there any point in getting bigger injectors than you really need? (assuming you not going to be running more boost etc ?) Report
April 1, 200521 yr comment_37450 is that at the wheels? that's at 1.3 bar too bigger injectors give you more room to move, but if you're just building one setup and leaving it there, then you'd get no gain from going to injectors that are bigger than what you need at 80% duty cycle. too big injectors can actually hurt performance down low, as they flow too much and you can't get the resolution you need for a smooth idle Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now