Ideas For More Power.

Gr3mlin

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jumped on the phone to my m8 after reading the forum, and told him what it said.

He asked my why a Motech, why not a Link Plus which does the samething but is alot cheaper. now I'm asking! LOL, whats the difference?

I had a quick search but didnt find much.

Also, the whole Air flow meter thing, is that change-able to the other, better one? or whats better?

motec is the best, but also the most expensive. some more popular cheap ones include wolf 3d (australian, i think they're rubbish), microtech (all the lebs use these, they're good), autronics (also heard good things about these), and megasquirt (one you build yourself). look on ebay for a second hand one or call a performance shop who will also tune it for you, or you can usually buy direct from the manufacturer

if buying second hand, make sure you get a DIGITAL computer. old microtechs and the like had trimpot controls, and they tend to go out of adjustment with vibration of the car. i've heard they last in ideal tune for as little as two weeks, even a carby is better than that

Hmmm just found the plans for them, looks like something i can try! If i can get the processor I'm all go :thumbsup: even if its shit itl probly only cost me $50

now if i can only find the plans for the other ones :P

Edited by Jason

what's wrong with microlebs? i would say motec is EASILY the most powerful ecu on the market. any serious racecar uses motec fuel and ignition

i've also heard good things about haltechs. when i was considering efi, i was shopping for a cheap second hand haltech on ebay, even their new computers aren't that dear

Haltech hmmm. i guess the thing to do is ring up a Company and ask em.

Ok, i just rang around. and no-one's really seen or heard of Haltech. Link Plus It is.

what do you think i would be looking at to get the pistons.. and an engine re-build?

Plus do the Valves have to be upgraded to handle all the extra pressure?

what else... nething else?

ta

Gremlin

I'm actually, in New Zealand. And i made anther call. to another company, and have heard of it, and played withone, before, but they don't actually, know where to get them! LOL

New Zealand, so small and cute! :(

Hmmm, i wonder how much it would cost to get one over 2 here. :thumbsup:

HEY heres a question. Does anyone know where the wire that supplies the Starter motor Solinoid power is on one of the standard Levin ECU's?

also, Alltezza Lights for a Levin, can you get them over there?

anyways, I'm gonna go and price some bitz and Pieces.. *Link Plus* ECU, and find where i can get those pistons. :P

sorry, for the crazy typing, my keyboards going completely nuts. wireless. its typing like I'm holding the button down... crazy things! :)

:ADDED:

True Super Jamie. they did take 3months to put a Turbo'd SR20DET into my m8's S13 Silvia.

He told them to give up and he'll take it now.

2days later he found the problem!

turns out the computer was on the fritz.

but hey. lol.

Edited by Gr3mlin

gr3mlin, i am about to become very handy to you...

guess what my job is?

parts, at a toyota dealer. in nz :thumbsup:

ok if your not gunna go with a motec then link is the best option for you here.

LINK HOMEPAGE

i can supply the pistons and gaskets etc. in fact you wont get anything cheaper anywhere else.

no you cannot get altezza style lamps anywhere in the world. if i could id make thousands on them

where abouts in nz are you? maybe i can help find some one to do the job for you

*BLINKS*

Mr Revhead, REALLY! THATS SO COOL! :( :thumbsup:

I living in Tauranga North Island, (BOP)

*HEAD EXPLODES* :)

YOU ROCK!

So, where are you abouts?

Are the pistons expensive?

What about the ticking? do 20v 4A-GE have Lifters?

Are Replacement Lifters Expensive?

Where is my oil going? LOL, i never mentioned that did i.. My oil seems to be... well, Vanishing. I'm using Castrol Protect 15w40, and i seem to be topping it up alot. like once a fortnight. (it's about 1/2). I havent seen any leaks anywhere. nor puddles of oil! but it still vannishes.

OOOooh, I'm getting excited! lol.

What spark plugs should i be using? :P

Dang bout the alltezza's, i can get some custom made. but yeah.

i found one business that said it would cost 1,000 for some. but yeah. ;)