Ideas For More Power.

Gr3mlin

Ok, i have an AE101 Toyota Levin that i wanna take the 20v 4A-GE (non super) outta. and throw something in that will make the wheels spin on the spot in 5 gear.

Ok, maybe not that nato. but you know what i mean.

I wanna give it more guts. more. POWER. i love that word.

anyhow. when it comes down to it. I really don't know what to throw in it.

So basically does anyone have any ideas?

Ta.

Gr3mlin

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply's.

It isnt super charged, no. i was thinking about a super charger, but then i don't really know.

I heard that you can get a black top 20valve imported for $1500.

I thought that might be a good idea. as in adds 11kw+ to the power.

I was liking the idea of a turbo, but is there a point on putting one of a FWD vehicle? anyway.

Also, i've been read the Street machine and Proformance Cars mags lately, and found an add for (E)lectric (W)ater (P)umps.

But i don't know.

Anyhow, thanks again! all.

How much would need to be done to turbo a 20v 4a-ge?

ta

Gremlin

That sounds interesting.. Money at the moment isnt an issue, I'm guess gathering idea's..

Firstly i better fix something up.

I don't really want to wheel spin in 5th, i was just being over the top. ;)

tell me a little about the ae101 gze, if i decide to turbo it later on, is that more expensive?

the 3sgte sounds... interesting to say the least. will that actually fit into a levin without any hassels? I did alittle search in the local area's and there arent any 3sgte forsale and the moment. so that probly a good thing. :)

I also wanted to put a body kit on me car! but i can't really find many places that will do it for an AE101. up here, unless its custom.

Shall i wait until i get a new engine and get a new exhaust? basically its completely standard. nothings different. well, there is the pod filter. but thats just a podfilter.

anyhow thanks again! :lol:

BTW Jason, ahem "GO GIR!"

-Gremlin-

Edited by Gr3mlin

"thats not very good bang for buck" yeah, your right! i just liked the idea of putting an engine that doesnt TICK in.

Talking about that. does anyone know what the heck it is? lifters?

Also, theres a squeeking coming from my rear somewhere... (LOL, i would word it better but its funnier that way) anyway, if i put the handbrake on a little it stops squeeking. is it something to do with the brakes? or could it be a wheelbearing?

ta.

Me to Jason, i think. my mates got em all and i got em off him. But yeah!.. i love "Walk Of Doom"

ta all

Gremlin

ok lil grass hopper. listen carefully..

save your $$$$

buy a tunable ecu. like a motech etc.

fit that. tune itll make a lil difference.

save some more

rebuild 20v with 4agze pistons. and throw on a turbo.

make 250hp

save abit more for gtz g/box and shafts to replace the c52 you will break

thats the cheapest and easiet way.

DO NOT fit a 4agze. not only are they hard to get and $$$ they are not an easy fit to an ae101 20v. the looms are very differnt and a bitch to fit. an auto sparky mate of mine has done one and he reckons its cheaper and easir to convert the 20v to turbo than 20v to 4agze.

also when u rebuild the 20v you will then effectivly have a new engine. whereas a 2nd hand gze could have a dodgy past

"Grass hopper Sits and listens" then reads..

A motech ECU huh? I actually wondered if there was something wrong with my ECU, cos, normally when i drive around its fine. everythings good! but Randomly the little *PUT YOUR BLOODY SAFTEY BELT ON* light shows up, when i start the car when its not in (the saftey belt) but it does it when it wants to work.

But normally when that light comes on, once the cars warmed up, i have ship loads of power, and it runs overrated as! I'm mean i don't know if its just the feeling i get at the time. but yeah... i don't even know if the ECU goes anywhere near the dash lights,. but yeah! i've only noticed that now.

Now, where can you get these Motech ECU's?

I've dropped a bottle of Injecter cleaner through the tank and it had very little change. Is there another way to check which injector is doing it? or yeah.

Once i've "rebuild 20v with 4agze pistons. and throw on a turbo." will i have to get a better Fuel pump?

Also, where on earth can i get all these part that i will need from? I'm still getting my feet in the car buying bitz for place world.

ta

-Gremlin-