Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Team Science Ninja Racing Ke35 Corolla

Featured Replies

  • Author

Any one got any ideas on what they think this little beastie might be worth? Looks like its going to be up for sale shortly. Just need to decide whether I keep it for the 6 hour, or use my new project there.. hmm decisions decisions!

Edited by silverra23

  • Replies 170
  • Views 293.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have thought somewhere around the $6K to $8K range. I don't know all that much about the car only from what I have read but it seems to me to be a well presented, well set-up track car that someone can hop straight into.

 

This is something I would be looking for down the track or what I hope to turn my AE71 into one day. Just depends how things pan out :)

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Had another person look at it this evening. Might get sold before the ebay sale finishes...

 

Anyways here are some shots I took for a new sponsor! (Well kinda sponsor!)

 

[plug]Any one with an early Corolla or Celica should speak with Dave at A J P S - Cusco strut braces and camber tops are excellent things :lolcry:[/plug]

 

img1879ea.jpg

 

img1882tb.jpg

 

img1883.jpg

 

img1885f.jpg

 

img1886h.jpg

 

img1888t.jpg

 

img1890f.jpg

 

img1891.jpg

Whats the other project you have in the works? Saw this for sale on ebay before seeing you want to sell here and thought "what the?"

 

Also you siad you have all the bits to do the T series disc conversion. Are you going to sell that will the car or would you be intersted in selling seperately?

  • Author

No one understands the new project!

 

Daihatsu Charade Detomaso - 92kw 1.6L engine, close ratio gearbox, LSD, factory recaro's, 800kg, factory body kit and road registered.

 

Plan is that it will slowly evolve into a tarmac rally/race car. I'd like to do the Targa Tour (not the full targa - I am not a rich man!!) and the Corolla was just going to be too much work to get up to spec. Plus I like the idea of being able to drive to events rather than stuff about with trailers etc.

 

They were a great car in the Aust Rally Championship - Rick Bates was regularly beating guys in Evo's and WRX's in them :lolcry:

 

Photos of it are here - http://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaws1974/C...RacingUpgrades#

 

As for the rear discs - no they won't be getting sold with the car. They are destined for my Celica restoration project that is ongoing at the moment.

Edited by silverra23

Fairo, forgot you had a sillycar too.

 

FYI with Targa - They now have whats called the "rookie rally" with both modern and classic classes. If you haven't driven in Targa Tas before then you have to do your first year in the section, which only runs for 3 of the 5 days of targa.

Once you've done your rookie year you can then return to play with the big boys over 5 days.

 

http://www.targa.org.au/Competitors/FirstTimers.html

 

If you ever did get down here, then I live in Launy (targa base for at least 4 nights[and whole rookie rally]) and would be more than happy to donate some shed space for overnight maintenance. :lolcry:

 

And the best tip I can give you for Targa- spend AS MUCH AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN on brakes, I'm talking like $5k+. 95% of the cars you'd race against are wearing AP's/Harrops/Wilwoods or Brembos. FFS GTR's come with brembos I don't think I've ever seen one still wearing them!!!

  • Author

Thanks for the offer :lolcry: I might take you up on it in 10 years or so hehe.

 

I'd probably start with the Tour - non-competition and no cage required initally.

 

http://www.targa.org.au/Competitors/Tour.html

 

Interesting observation about the brakes! It was on the list anyways :lovin:

I might end up in the touring class next year.

As part of the sponsorship we do for targa we get a free entry each year. Last year we didn't use it so this year we have 2x entries. You can have one for around $5k! :lovin:

 

....I'd like to be doing the rookie rally myself next year but I don't think Its possible (finances wise) with a new baby and stuff.

 

Oh, and do you also know that touring class cars go through the courses in one big pack and are supposed to stick to posted speed limits!? :lolcry:

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Some photos from Rob Roy Hillclimb two weeks ago. Taken by Gary Hill of Elgee Words and Pictures.

 

I was pretty slow - 36 second first run in the dry when I was still figuring it all out, then it was wet and the best I could manage was a 37 second something.

 

Another guy in the club got down to a 33 or 34 in the wet which was pretty good going!

 

Here are the pics:

 

rrcc09r2elgee150.jpg

 

rrcc09r2elgee156.jpg

 

rrcc09r2elgee477.jpg

 

rrcc09r2elgee486.jpg

 

rrcc09r2elgee767.jpg

 

rrcc09r2elgee774.jpg

 

rrcc09r2elgee776.jpg

Edited by silverra23

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Off to Winton tomorrow for the 6 hour, hope it all goes well!!

 

Here are a couple of videos from Rob Roy. One in-car and one from outside. Slippery as all!

 

 

Edited by silverra23

  • Author

Car performed like a champ all weekend at the Winton 6 hour. Not a thing went wrong and she was faster and performed better than ever.

 

New front tyres got rid of my braking problems and my thoughts of steering or geometry issues went away with it too.

 

The car is a giant killer (thanks for that line Timbo!!) and if I do manage to sell it I am going to miss it a great deal.

 

Here are some pics and in-car video links (sorry to any one who has seen them already in the 6 hour thread!)

 

Team shot

 

img0744o.jpg

 

New sticker.. its staying on I reckon!

 

img0721ez.jpg

 

img0730a.jpg

 

On track

 

img2718d.jpg

 

img2919y.jpg

 

img3362.jpg

 

img3409m.jpg

 

Lifting a wheel (I got a mention at the presentation ceremony for being one of three cars that did it constantly all day!)

 

img2825b.jpg

 

Ian hard at work doing a sash change

 

img3211.jpg

 

In car race footage session 1

 

 

In car race footage session 2

 

 

In car race footage session 3

 

Picture No.8 looks tough as... Keep it up.

 

Cheers,

Josh :)

how fast did you go down the straight?

  • Author

150 kmh according to gearing/rpm/tyre size.. not that fast but fast enough!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.