Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020

Featured Replies

  • Author

Hey guys,

 

Now I have started a full time industry placement I am hoping to make the most of the few weeks off over Christmas/New year, and get the car in highfill.

I have repaired the drivers door and gaurd, and then etch primed them. Now I just need to finish the passenger side gaurd and a few other spots and then I am ready for highfill. Getting closer now!

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

  • Replies 407
  • Views 857.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Thanks for the kind words guys.   I took the car up to Lake Eildon this weekend as I was going waterskiing with mates. Car ran pretty well but I think I have a blocked PCV, there was some oil leakag

  • Your 20 looked great at Classic Japan today, so bloody clean.    

  • Cheers guys, will definately be up for a cruise when i get it all put together. :)

progress! :y:

  • Author

progress! :y:

 

Yep, most of it doesn't show up in pics lol. (Sanding, sanding, sanding!)

Keep at it bud! 20 POWER!

Interesting that you used led !! That's old school yeah? Back when I was a panel beater I don't think we ever tried it !! Was it hard to do? And why did you use led? Mezz

Glad to see progress on this Doogs, keep up the good work and enjoy the new job :y:

  • Author

Interesting that you used led !! That's old school yeah? Back when I was a panel beater I don't think we ever tried it !! Was it hard to do? And why did you use led? Mezz

 

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread I have had the "help" of a spray painter on bits of the build, which has been a mixed experience. I think in this case it was totally unnecessary but he just wanted to further 'prove his abilities' to me. At least it means a little less filler though!

It was not particularly hard, you just need to be gentle with the heat. I think with how much modern fillers have progressed, for some applications it can just be a waste of time.

Edited by Doogs

  • Author

Today I finished off the passenger side gaurd and a few other little bits and then put down some etch primer. Now I only need to fix the rear valence and I will be ready for highfill. Unfortunately I haven't sourced a parts car so I will have to make do with the panel I have. Ahhh well, at least it is mostly hidden by the rear bumper.

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

Edited by Doogs

  • Author

Hey guys,

 

Today I got my first coat of Highfill on, after finishing the repairs around the boot and also re-stripping and treating rust around the rad support area. Unfortunately I will be away waterskiing this weekend and then back to work Monday so progress will be slow next week. Hoping to get stuck in next weekend. The car will need a few more coats of highfill and some guidecoat/blocking back and then hopefully it will be topcoat time! :)

IMAG0297.jpg

IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

So the car is now in guidecoat and looking pretty close. I reckon with a few more coats of highfill and wet sanding I will be ready to topcoat. :)

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

Unfortunately I will be away for the next few weekends but I hope to be able to find some more free time soon.

nice job mate keep up the good work good luck with straightlining it i bet you will find a fair few mor dints

gosh there's a lot of bog in that valence panel haha.

goo to see you making time for her!

  • Author

Yeah Angelo the panel was ʞ©$ɟed and nobody I talked to would let me cut the part out of a car. It's still fairly thin at least and who knows, someone might rear end me and I'll get an insurance job?!

Looking good Doogs!!

Are you coming with Heath to the ozdat cruise next month? You should come will be a good day.

 

Stu.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.