Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020

Doogs

Hey guys,

Now I have started a full time industry placement I am hoping to make the most of the few weeks off over Christmas/New year, and get the car in highfill.

I have repaired the drivers door and gaurd, and then etch primed them. Now I just need to finish the passenger side gaurd and a few other spots and then I am ready for highfill. Getting closer now!

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Interesting that you used led !! That's old school yeah? Back when I was a panel beater I don't think we ever tried it !! Was it hard to do? And why did you use led? Mezz

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread I have had the "help" of a spray painter on bits of the build, which has been a mixed experience. I think in this case it was totally unnecessary but he just wanted to further 'prove his abilities' to me. At least it means a little less filler though!

It was not particularly hard, you just need to be gentle with the heat. I think with how much modern fillers have progressed, for some applications it can just be a waste of time.

Edited by Doogs

Today I finished off the passenger side gaurd and a few other little bits and then put down some etch primer. Now I only need to fix the rear valence and I will be ready for highfill. Unfortunately I haven't sourced a parts car so I will have to make do with the panel I have. Ahhh well, at least it is mostly hidden by the rear bumper.

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0292.jpg

Edited by Doogs

Hey guys,

Today I got my first coat of Highfill on, after finishing the repairs around the boot and also re-stripping and treating rust around the rad support area. Unfortunately I will be away waterskiing this weekend and then back to work Monday so progress will be slow next week. Hoping to get stuck in next weekend. The car will need a few more coats of highfill and some guidecoat/blocking back and then hopefully it will be topcoat time! :)

IMAG0297.jpg

IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So the car is now in guidecoat and looking pretty close. I reckon with a few more coats of highfill and wet sanding I will be ready to topcoat. :)

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

Unfortunately I will be away for the next few weekends but I hope to be able to find some more free time soon.