Falken_KE30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick lol,

Small update.

Nearly finished one guard, tried some Silver paint i had around, is a little light but looks better than yellow primer :yes:

Got some new parts over last few days

Rear shocks

Steering wheel and boss kit

wiring loom and coil and other bits for it

Some better chrome bits for front of guards.

HORNS lol

got a 3k and box here,

radiator

tailshaft

picked up a complete running 4k and box today for nothen, gotta love family. pick it up on weekend i think.

So I'm getting there,

Get some pics up when i have completly finished one guard

Edit

Also i hate wiring looms, took 2 hours to get out of car at wreckers cause it was stubburn!!

Edited by Falken_KE30

Have got a bit done over few days.

Spent bit more time on passenger guard. fixed all the rust and stuff wrong with it.

The silver touch up paint is a bit lighter, but ohwell. will paint whole car one day.

Got the wiring loom in under bonnet, and inside car too, just have to fix dash and hook it all up.

Got a pic of me door trims too, dunno if the proper corolla ones but i like em!!!

dans2010bh5.jpg

Pic of how the guard sits now, needs a small amount sanding then few copats of paint on fixed area's, looks much better i think. maybe a clear coat or 2, then a cut polish. that should add some shine to it.

dans2011bp4.jpg

Few snaps of my garage.

dans2012qt8.jpg

dans2013xw8.jpg

And a shot of how car sits now, gotta get me some yummy rims lol.

dans2019fx8.jpg

Hoping to have my 4k and box in on weekend.

got some fully sik red silcon hoses to replace fuel hoses and heater hose ect. had to get new ones anyway so why not go red haha.

Also bought some brand new toyota clutch and brake rubbers $16 posted from Bangkok, of all places lol.

Will update again in few days

Edited by Falken_KE30

• 2 weeks later...

Got some work done slowly.

This is how the car sits now. a little dusty from sanding.

got most of the drivers side front guard done, just some finer sanding, lick of primer and all done.

front is pulled off still. need to get a stonetray first.

p1020158zb3.jpg

p1020159qr1.jpg

p1020160ge3.jpg

p1020162ri4.jpg

also got started on the wiring inside the car.

was actually easier than i thought. main loom was a bit tricking having to manage it around bits. makes it easy knowing there wiring for the dash is seperate. just one plug to join them all lol.

also test fitted the 4 door carpet i have, fits fine. just have to cut some bits near the door. guessing they for the pillar between the front and back doors on a sedan.

p1020161fi4.jpg

small update,

got some new shoes for the beast, nothen special. just 13x7 hotwires. bit of dish and looks mad i reckon.

All but one tyre are stuffed. will hopefully replace with the same 205/60/R13's that are on them.

bugger all lip damage, one has about 1" inch rash on the lip, but its to be expected.

rearendev9.jpg

rearwheelnr9.jpg

frontwheeled5.jpg

Also started on converting back to round Headlights. got a pretty much perfect grill, just need the mounting brackets and headlights.

roundlightgrillro5.jpg

Yeah i like the Round ones better.

Rims look mad too. got the other 2 now, and also got enough wheel nuts for 3 rims haha.

will give them a polish tommorow if the rain has gone.

They are the same rims that i had problems with the calliper on. Just make sure they spin after you do up the nuts on the front. You may have to do some grindage too