4g93t In To Ke20

Pete-ke20

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nooooooooooooooooo, this was going to be soo good!

I know, i want to continue it, and will do if i can find a panel beater to do my drivers door and bonnet on the cheap and some front guards one the cheap (new ones). Really want to get whole car done pro by panel beater but money is the issue. I'm so close now too with the engine etc, only gotta plumb up inlet/turbo system, before i can drive it.

why not get the car running first? and worry about it looking perfect later?

Because i want to do it right, and i wont cost much to get it right, only i don't have that money, or time at the moment. The project is great and not much left to do on it, i just need to money is all.

Edited by Pete-ke20

Your equipment is run slow, you should solve that one.

Run slow, explain that one please?

I have decided that i'm gonna continue unless i get an offer for the project, so i am now in need of a drivers side guard, if any one can help that would be awesome, would like a straight one no rust or dents if possible

• 2 weeks later...

okay, so its been a week or two since my last update on the beast,

in the past while i havnt had much of a chance to do many major things to the car, but i have had some spare time at work to make a few little bits and pieces.

I have improved my CAS drive set-up, as the set-up i had didnt run tru and was bad.

The system was basically a 17mm socket running off of the cam bolt, that was held to the trianlgular CAS bolt/captive nut thingo, with three grub screws but it had to adjust them to with-in the 1thou kinds range i would like it to be.

So i turned the trialgular bit down the be round and then pressed fit a piece of 1/2'' square bar over it, which fits perfectly up the end of a 1/2'' drive 17mm socket funnily enough, i then had the shorten the socket a little, which the lather made light work of. I then glued the socket to the base of the drive mech so it didnt fall out during install.

I also had the chance to turn up a seal for where the CAS mounts to the timing belt cover mount i made, previously there was a .5mm gap the way around where water and dirt could get in, bad as seeing there are magnets and shit in there. So i got a bit of teflon, as i had heaps lying round, and made it an interference fit into the CAS unit and then bigger around the sealing face so i could seal, while teflon is not the best to use for a seal, it will be adequit as the CAS does not move and crushes against it once installed

I have also relocated my coil mount from the front of the plenum, which now has a throttle body in the way, to the rear, unfotunatly i will need two new ignition leads as two were too short to reach only by a few mm too :( and i don't like stretching the f**k out of them.

i think i have some pics of my CAS (Crank angle sensor) drive thing i made.

All i have to do now is interior and the inlet and exhaust plumbing + shorten my accel cable!!

Sorry about shit quality pics my phone lense was dirty

post-4463-1214093065_thumb.jpg

post-4463-1214093094_thumb.jpg

OK i have had a little look today to work out what else i need for this project. I need a rear parcel shelf, i am wondering if any one has had much luck with making custom shelves for these or not? Given that the seat belts mount up there and the curve up in the back of it. this is about the only part i need to manufacture/find before i can finish off the interior. Oh i am also in need of a dash pad, as mine is terrible condition, might just vinyl wrap it for now, but would like a good one if possible, if anyone has any good ideas please let me know!!!

OK i have had a little look today to work out what else i need for this project. I need a rear parcel shelf, i am wondering if any one has had much luck with making custom shelves for these or not? Given that the seat belts mount up there and the curve up in the back of it. this is about the only part i need to manufacture/find before i can finish off the interior. Oh i am also in need of a dash pad, as mine is terrible condition, might just vinyl wrap it for now, but would like a good one if possible, if anyone has any good ideas please let me know!!!

the rear parcel shelf you can do yourself. i did my own one piece out of some masonite i had in the garage. you can also do it in two pieces with MDF or something thicker and cover it with a rug or carpet after installation.

your dash pad could either be repaired/recovered to look like new for $300 or so. the one in my 20 has just been carpeted over hiding the cracks below

the rear parcel shelf you can do yourself. i did my own one piece out of some masonite i had in the garage. you can also do it in two pieces with MDF or something thicker and cover it with a rug or carpet after installation.

your dash pad could either be repaired/recovered to look like new for $300 or so. the one in my 20 has just been carpeted over hiding the cracks below

do you have any pics of you parcel self?? if so that would be good to see

G'day mate i have stripped my ke15 down and got my 4g63 engine and my gear box and I'm in the middle of changing water pump and all that over. ive just come to a hult as i am looking at your pics and it looks like that u have romoved your K frame from your car. the problem with mine is that i have a leaf spring that is used as part of suspension that runs from drivers to passenger side. any help would be great dude.

G'day mate i have stripped my ke15 down and got my 4g63 engine and my gear box and I'm in the middle of changing water pump and all that over. ive just come to a hult as i am looking at your pics and it looks like that u have romoved your K frame from your car. the problem with mine is that i have a leaf spring that is used as part of suspension that runs from drivers to passenger side. any help would be great dude.

??? K frame ke20's don't have one of them just a cross member. i think you are referring to the sway bar perhaps?? not sure as i didnt remove anything from my car to make it fit, i did modify my sway bar but i don't think the ke15's have them... Just a side note what state are you in? which gearbox you using and what rear end??

hope this helps champ

I'm using a auto transmission out of a scorpian with a 3 grand convertor. and the diff i am using a ford diff out of a el-ef ford. it costs around $2200 to get it shortened and made to fit with a lsd and with the brakes all working. the reason i went a ford diff is because of the stud pattern as my front brakes are from hoppers stoppers the cost $1200 for the fit with billet axels and everything u need to bolt them up and the minimum size rim u can use is 15inch. they are 290mm rotors and twin piston calipers. the reason I'm doing all that work for brakes and everything is becuase I'm getting in engineered with out a turbo. then bolt it up afterwards. I'm from melbourne. where u from. id love to see a picture of underneath your car. mine has a leaf spring that runs from one side to the other side of the front suspension.