Pete-ke20

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top stuff mate !

I am considering a similar conversion myself, will be keen to

see some more pics and the build develop further.

Yeh i read you Astron/ saturn thread. i don't know much about these serious of engines but as they are the Aussie type bellhousing and stuff as far as i know, which makes g/box selection limited for strength etc. The only MAJOR issue i had with my conversion (so far, however engine is in and car drives just tinkering now) is that because the 4g9x block is a little different to that of the sigma blocks (sigma g/box) my throwout bearing would not hit the preasure plate, but that was easy fixed with a bit of stainless and 5 min on the lathe.

If you want to go in a certain direction than i say go it, don't let anyone else tell you what to do. Be outside the box!

Top effort mate! Any chance of some pics of your pedal box to accommodate the booster? It can be a tight squeeze at the base of the pushrod around the dust boot. I had to cut off the plate where the pushrod threads through and bend the sides of the pedal box outwards a little then weld some plate back over it for my ke20.

i like being inside the box :y: ;)

haha sorry couldnt help myself :D :)

excuse my filthy humour.

top work pete

MORE PICKS.

cheers, scott

Dirty Dirty man! haha i just don't like having to work to get inside the box.

PieMan. I didnt have to modify my pedal box, all i did was die grind the hole in my firewall larger for the throat of the booster to fit then drilled the 4 holes for its studs, on the pedal box side i only had to cut the insulatin shit outta the way and then get the nuts and washers on, i had to lightly grind the side of the pedal box in one spot as my drilling wasnt tooo square, and down the center i had to take about 1mm off each side for the rubber boot to fit over. The booster bolts mount to the pedal box eliminating most of the force on the firewall when breaks applied.

Pic may be a bit of a mission, will give it a go today but

Yeh i read you Astron/ saturn thread. i don't know much about these serious of engines but as they are the Aussie type bellhousing and stuff as far as i know, which makes g/box selection limited for strength etc. The only MAJOR issue i had with my conversion (so far, however engine is in and car drives just tinkering now) is that because the 4g9x block is a little different to that of the sigma blocks (sigma g/box) my throwout bearing would not hit the preasure plate, but that was easy fixed with a bit of stainless and 5 min on the lathe.

If you want to go in a certain direction than i say go it, don't let anyone else tell you what to do. Be outside the box!

Cheers mate,

Good to know about the bearing. (I also have a lathe available, so this could be fixed)

At the moment I am still thinking over the choice, because we now have stupid new

P laws in vic (they come in this July, and my bday is in August :bash: )

Will certainly keep watching your progress though, great work :yes:

Update, any more pictures

Jeez, i do have work during the week. So no sorry no more progress or pictures, will get to work this weekend, just gotta plumb my air system, managed to get the inlet mani back on during the week, after its cut and shut, and machined a inlet for the front of the throttle body, also machined a AFM to turbo adapter, as AFM is 3" and turbo inlet is about 1.5"

Will update as more happens, sorry guys I'm slow!

Hi everybody, havnt had much opportunitie to do much more work on the rolla yet, and its come to the crunch my old man needs the room back at his workshop i've been occupying for a fair time, i want to continue this project but finding it hard with time etc, So I'm putting up an EOI for it, i'm nearly done all the engine work its just the body work and time that is still needed for it, i don't have the skill nor the time / money for it at the moment.

So if anyone was interested in the project thats nearly done give us a pm, in saying this I'm still gonna try to soldier on, i want to finish this only money, time and space are the issues at the moment, non of which will be solved anytime quickly.